Sorry for outage...

NickHolt

Very sorry about the four hour down time. Hosting problems with a corrupted file.. Computers are great until the software finds a spot where it doesn't know what to do next. Kinda like me I guess... LOL

Nick

I was you, Kathy... LOL naw... actually it was something in the rather large database that got fouled up and took some time to repair. We're trying to figure out how it occurred so it doesn't happen again.

Nick

...... how is the teeth and lips nick ..

Um.... well, uh, well... er.. thanks for asking, HiTech. Never knew you really cared about my teeth and lips until just now... But just so you won't get your hopes up, I'm happily married to the same woman since September 19, 1981.

Nick

Ok, now that's just a bit weird and scary.. :blink:

Call Al Gore....He says he invented it....Surely he can fix it! LOL......HYSTERICALLY!!!!!

Actually, Al's not taking calls right now. He's going through a divorce. :(;)

Um.... well, uh, well... er.. thanks for asking, HiTech. Never knew you really cared about my teeth and lips until just now... But just so you won't get your hopes up, I'm happily married to the same woman since September 19, 1981.

Nick

darn im broken hearted ....lol ...reword this .. just wanted to know if you burnt your lips and lost some teeth . chewing through electrical cord can be bit harsh when pluged in ...... just a friendly concern ..not looking for a date ................ :lol:

just wanted to know if you burnt your lips and lost some teeth . chewing through electrical cord can be bit harsh when pluged in

Well, that explains HiTech's grill.......

post-1274-1277389100.jpg

Call Al Gore....He says he invented it....Surely he can fix it! LOL......HYSTERICALLY!!!!!

Actually, Al's not taking calls right now. He's going through a divorce. :(;)

post-1274-1277389478.jpg

PENSACOLA BEACH - Wednesday

Of course it COULD be worse.

You could wake up and have to deal with this................... and this is just the first day. As anyone along our gulf coast knows, that stuff doesn't just go away. It is relentless. It will be coming ashore every day for decades.

Of course it COULD be worse.

You could wake up and have to deal with this................... and this is just the first day. As anyone along our gulf coast knows, that stuff doesn't just go away. It is relentless. It will be coming ashore every day for decades.

That just plain suck's!!!!

Here's a pic taken last summer on N. Padre Island.

From the 1979 spill ..............

To the upper right is the Gulf Stream Condos. Down the beach is Portofino and the H-Day Inn.

I spent many a summer morning walking that beach .......... Up until they cut off the traffic. Now there is no access to it, so I don't go there anymore. How sad. :(

post-1274-1277396953.jpg

when they cut traffic .for safety of renters ...and started charging a beach pass ..that was it for me ....though i didnt spend alot of time out there ...cant remember the last time i saw that part of the beach in person ...

Hey H/T, remember back in the 70's and 80's ................ that beach was "THE PLACE TO BE" on a summer Saturday afternoon! There would be thousands out on that beach.

They have a fee now? How the hell do they get away with charging a fee for use of a beach that belongs to all the people of the State of Texas? Who is charging that fee, Nueces County?

Incidentially, all those condos are way, way, WAY past the natural vegetation line, ever since the 1980 hurricane. I once toyed with the idea of petitioning the Atty. General to seek liens on all that property, but figured it was way more trouble than it was worth. I guess the condo owners finally got all that they always wanted (Their own private beach). But, that is a whole 'nother long, long story, ain't it. I just quit going and spending my money there.

I've been to Mustang Island and they don't charge to drive along the waterfront....What they do charge for is a "parking pass" if you want to stop, get out, and walk along/in the water......That being said it isn't very strictly enforced(from my experiences).....Now the state park charges just to get in....but your parking is free....

How'd we get from the LSSZ outage to the beach anyway?

Actually, Al's not taking calls right now. He's going through a divorce.

.....and getting midnight massages in Seattle

Awe heck, Reb sometimes its just kinda of fun to let a thread meander a little and see where it goes. :)

im thinking we need to change rebs name from .. rebelracewriter to rebelthreadwrecker ...besides reb .have you read any juicy storys lately here .or any fights going on ..havent seen nick putting the edit to to many things lately ...... let two old guys have some fun here .cut us some slack ...go read somewhere else [ nah forget that we would miss you ..] .. just go along with us .lol...

Archived