THR ASA A-Line Super Stocks - some thoughts

NickHolt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw mason run the out side better than most at that track Mr Holt while it seems you are stuck on the same people weekend and week out some of us would like you to report on other people while I respect Clint you should expand your in interviews this year seems all clint all the time there are lots of people I know you have talked to I just dont ever see them featured a few of us racers were talking about it this weekend and first thing here you are on the Lafonts nuts again while this is your speed zone and your microphone I thought you tried to arbitrarily report I dont know? Mason has one of the biggest fan base at the track he won the thunderstock championship and now runin for rookie of the year right behind Clint Lafont for maybe a champion ship so as to your comments didnt use the bumper he and his dad work hard to set up for the outside and for the most part ran the outsid he would love that ASA championship any ways just my opinion not politicaly correct just straight to the point

You know to me this is one of the Biggest Piles of Crap I have read on here!!!! I did not even know who Clint was before that interview we did with him a couple of weeks ago. I know one thing for DAMMMM Sure. That is that Nick has tried to spread things out this year and feature all the different classes and Drivers that race. Allot of the time we do a bunch of interviews and Nick does not even know who I, yes I said I am going to put in the video I am making that week. We did some interviews with a few of the ASA Racers that night and did not even talked to the LaFonts. Yes the LaFonts were in one of our videos as allot of others have been. Mason was one of the Non LaFont's we interviewed that night. I also know that the day that we did do the interview with the LaFonts that it was not even planed. We were standing in the in the pits and talking about who we were going to talk to and Clint and his Father were right next to my truck so Nick said lets talk to them. There was no plan and it happened that fast!!!!! Now if you want to blame anyone for who is or who is not in anyone of the interview videos this year. It is ME not Nick. Of course if you said that kind of CRAP it to Me! I would tell you to Shove it Up Your Tailpipe!! It is best that you know what your talking about Before you open your mouth or pull out your own Pen and Camera!! Why not do it yourself!! It takes no time and pays real well!!!!

Great point Umshied 51 I guess it seems like he is an ambassader of the sport (self appointed ) butt nonethe less ambassoder I do like his interviews I guess I was just wanting a bigger variety but you win he does do this for free so his time his money his choice well put Umshied 51 none of this was intended for an attack as stated before JUST MY OPINION so no offence was intended butt if any was taken I dont care

You want some variety?

Here you F------ Go!!

Like I said before!!

Shove it Up Your Tailpipe!!!

Hey hidef. I think most of us really appreciate the interviews and coverage no matter who it is. It's entertainment after all. Speaking for myself I really enjoy the professional coverage and interviews. Keep up the excellent work. We really enjoy what you guys do.

Duke (Texas HighDef) has done an amazing job promoting racing in Texas for no, or very little, financial reward. His work is all over YouTube and Facebook in addition to Lone Star Speedzone. Thousands of people are learning about racing in Texas because of Duke's excellent work.

But he got unfairly attacked on here and, obviously, he takes offense. Frankly, I don't blame him one bit and his response will stand exactly as he has written it.

Duke could be doing a lot of other things that would actually make him some money without the risk of getting chewed out in public. He runs his own non-racing-related business that puts food on the table and I'm sure he could spend more time actually making money rather than spending hours and hours editing all my flubs to produce his excellent video segments. But he, like most of us, enjoys racing and, up until now, anyway, felt that his work on our behalf was really appreciated.

I left the original post up because it was directed towards me and I felt no need to defend myself. Most of you know that I do what I do because I love racing and want it to succeed. I know that I am not intentionally harming anyone by running Lone Star Speedzone or acting like a true amateur in the videos. And I know Duke has no agenda for or against anyone either. The ironic part is that on Saturday Duke and I had interviewed both Mason Teague and his dad, Jim, and shot some extensive footage of his crew working on Mason's car. We had also interviewed Tracy Tschoerner and Mickey McKim and a couple of others and are putting together a segment focusing on Terry and his impact on racing at THR. That is if Duke still wants to do so.

Volunteers, like Duke, know that they are not going to get rich by helping out. All they really ask is a pat on the back every now and then. What they don't expect is to get nailed in the forums.

Nick

New "politically correct" commentary on the racing action:

"Some person in some car just took the lead: Some other guy (oops sorry thats not gender nuetral) ummm person just fell back two spots. Ohhhh some one else just spun out - but it's probably some one elses fault so we should give him his position back.

And the winner of tonights event is - well they are ALL winners in my book so lets just do like kids soccer and give the trophies and purse monies equally among them all - except that one person who was too far ahead of the next guy and needs to be disqualified for not playing nice. After all we can't offend anyone by being better or faster - it would destroy the other person sensitive little ego."

C'mon - get real guys. If the commentator likes what he sees and says so - what's the deal? Oh that's right - the quickest way to piss off a JR fan is to comment on Gordon without also mentioning poor lil JR in the same sentence. How dare one person shine and get noticed without lighting up the whole field.

I will probably get in trouble, but oh well. You only live once.

Stop Whinning People!

Nick and Duke and so many others do it for nothing.

You want them to put out a story on you, then give them something to work with. Send them a story and I bet they will post it. But, I think Debbie already said that.

And bishop, you hit the nail on the head. That's what is coming to it seems.

Somebody else said you want the spot light, do something to take it away from the one that's getting it. Something like that anyway.

I was standing there with Nick when he asked Mary Ann Saturday if he could do interviews with the winners of the 2 Super features.

You think he knew ahead of time who was gonna win? No!

We had 2 different winners Saturday night and they got air time. And neither one of them was Clint LaFont. Jeez! what do ya'll want?

Like I said before, Nick was throwing his thoughts and what he witnessed Saturday night at the track. And some want to hang him. Jeez!

Hey Nick, I gotta new theme song for you. Adam Lamberts "Whataya want from me"! :lol:

And Duke you keep putting out those Great Videos! Please!

How does that saying go? You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time.

There ya go!

Ya'll have a great day. I gotta get back to mowing.

I for one as i said before think the work that you all do is great. How many other tracks around the country have a Hi-def camera guy filming. Not to many if at all. Love your work. Alot of us appreciate the dedication and hard work. By the way how much is a hi-def camera just to play around with in your spare time anyway? My guess is alot more than most of the race cars out there. JMO

Duke,

Ever since we met in the pits at the drag boat races in Marble Falls I have enjoyed talking with you... You are a stand up guy and I really love your work!

Nick,

As always you do an awesome job. Between work and my business I don't get to make it to watch much anymore. If I get to catch it on your live braodcast or on replay it makes it feel as if I were there...

THANKS TO YOU BOTH! (AND YES D@^^N IT I'M YELLING!!!!) Thank you both for taking of your time to do what you do...

Mark

In the past hour I have deleted a couple of posts intended to bash drivers mentioned in this thread. Some were well-meaning, I'm sure, but bashes nevertheless. This is not the place to defend your favorite driver by bashing those who are not your favorite driver.

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Nick

Hummmm, ..................... I guess some people have forgotten or maybe don't know. We on here made this the unofficial "SPEEDZONE" theme song some years ago.

Here is your ------>

Please send your contribution to: Nick Holt

General Delivery

San Antonio, Tx :D

Hummmm, ..................... I guess some people have forgotten or maybe don't know. We on here made this the unofficial "SPEEDZONE" theme song some years ago.

Here is your ------>

Please send your contribution to: Nick Holt

General Delivery

San Antonio, Tx :D

very nice bubman. i was looking for that some myself to play on the loud speekers at the track. lmao

Nick

Even though I no longer race thank you for what you do.

I learned a few years ago most of the drivers and race teams at Thunderhill

Don't want help

Don't need help

With any kind of exposure good or bad it does not matter.

I had Sponsors ready to put money in the DRIVERS points fund for the DRIVERS,and yes I was a

racer at one time,but it seems the drivers and race teams don't want or need any help with MONEY.

I had car shows lined up,apperances lined up and when I started to get flack from the DRIVERS and

race teams I quit trying to help promote the track.

They don't want it

They don't need it

HMMMM? some thoughts , well if there werent so many nuts and bolts , and pricey parts and fuel amoung other things prob. could have mine together faster !! thats my thought, hopefully , hopefully next race . watch out :P on edit yes clint lafont i have the utmost respect in your driving abilities, keep up the good work

I think that both Nick and Duke do an outstanding job with this website, the videos and interviews that we are enjoying each time we visit this site. This thread started out as praise to the sportsmanship of drivers in the ASA Super Stock series and I agreed that most of them are clean and great competitors and race to win. I would extend that same pat on the back to the drivers in all the series that compete at THR. Racing the country over has these same Saturday night race drivers that get out there and put on a grand show for the spectators in the stands. This is not unique to THR and occurs all over this great country on weekends. No matter where the race is going on at, there will be some competitors who are more interested in seeking revenge towards another driver for what they felt was a intentional hit and their desire to win leaves them and they set out to damage that other car without any consideration that they could hurt that driver in the process. When this happens during the race, this is where the race director and other officials come into play. Each spin out, each accident is evaluated by them and often times drivers are sent to the rear of the pack. It should be that way and its my understanding that these officials do review video to make these determinations. But sometimes there decisions are not what one wants to hear so a driver out of the heat of the moment decides he needs to get back at the other driver and seek some sort of satisfaction from hitting his car rather than taking that complaint to the racing judges for their consideration. I am sure you all know what I mean. Racing incidents are just that; racing incidents. They will always happen. But intentionally causing accidents is dangerous and should be avoided. Fans do not like it even though there are those fans who love in seeing bent metal. Most often the anger from fans will be towards the driver who causes the accident and the reasoning of why the accident occured is simply not considered. As safe as race cars are, they are still dangerous sport and often drivers get hurt. Wrecking another car intentionally is not a good practice for a driver to seek; rather the motivation of drivers at all times during the event should be that to win or at least finish as good as they can. But hitting another car after the checkered flag has flown is totally wrong. After the event has finished, there surely is a sense of relief from all drivers so they tend to relax and become less observant so when someone runs into them its totally unexpected and could cause injury let alone damage to the car which could have been totally avoided. Now if I am bashing some driver that may be inclined to do this then so be it. But thats not bashing in my books but rather just good common sense that anyone getting behind a high powered heavy race car that hurtles along at high speeds should possess. Fans come to see good clean competition and most often that is what they get at THR. I can name many good drivers that compete there and that is why I go. But people who use race cars as weapons may be better off simply competing in destruction derbys where that conduct is expected.

OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT I am new felt kinda like stirring things up I should have keep my mouth shut I think I may have lost some respect from people that matter to me I apoligize for opening my mouth when I have no clue what is going on will not post stupid shit like that anymore.. I apoligize to Nick and Texas high def I couldnt buy a clue Thankyou for doing what yall do

Archived