Kids Moving out of Beginner Classes

You need to let me know how it goes up there. I will be down in Baffin Bay enjoying a very peaceful weekend. ;)

...and did you save me a spot!!! I do know the bay there very well...lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and did you save me a spot!!! I do know the bay there very well...lol

This trip is to work out any kinks that boat might have as well as break in time on motor. I told you we were going and going sooooooon! Now that I don't have a job I'm going to fish a lot!

Ahhh...the age old question...why do we allow people to run this class...so, if a kid moves up he should not race....what is next..if a kid comes in and has natural talent...he need to move up too? The rules are clear...13 to 16. Why is there even a question about who is allowed? If your worried about your kid running with a more "advanced" kid...you need to ask yourself why? The only reason I can see...is because maybe your kid wont win...silly huh? Its not a safety factor....and the rule is clearly written...so I dont see why this is even an issue. Now I have seen this question on adult classes to...(for the same reason..they couldnt win) and this is how i see it....if you race against good drivers...you get better. period. You might win less...but...your wins mean more. Now I have to ask...do we have so many cars that we need to make rules to keep some away?

I personally think if the kid fits in the rules, let him/her race....all classes if they can, who cares. It aint about winning its about having fun racing and keeping the sport alive. There are many of people(green freaks) that seek to destroy our sport.

I personally think if the kid fits in the rules, let him/her race....all classes if they can, who cares. It aint about winning its about having fun racing and keeping the sport alive. There are many of people(green freaks) that seek to destroy our sport.

:lol:

sing birdie sing

:lol:

after reading the posts several people stated that their cry babies crying if they dont win and you only get better if you race against faster drivers well then its a two way street why when a driver moves up they could stay and get better but remember they choose to advance a class stay in it get beat get better dont cry and your chance will come remember what you write it tends to bite you in your a-- when you just blabber and forget what you write this was not intended to point at certain people it was asked due to a situation in past also rememder its for fun not money and like playing baseball or football l.o.l. lets give trophys to every driver hell theirs grown ups doing more complaining than kids in mini stocks and you're real grown up calling children cry babies just remember what you say after this their should be no complaining about track conditions,other drivers ,cars not starting a race in line,motors illegal suspensions illegal on and on and on s.o.s ure doing great job should not need to tech anymore or give money to winners just trophies it stated here eveyone races for love of sport,fun and just to race maybe at end of season pay each top place 3500.00 or so dollars to show your appreciation to drivers then all the problems are over every body gets same :huh::huh::huh: appreciation pay.....done

Just for the record, I wasn't refering to any one situation. I simply asked a question and asked what people thought about it.

A buddy of mine asked me the same question and I couldn't come up with a good answer so I put the question out here on the forum.

So now I have been called a Crybaby, but I don't know what I am crying about. My kids don't race in the 4 cylinder class.

I have been told to work on my driving, but I am not a driver.

I have been told to stop complaining, but I only asked a question and gave my opinion. I didn't complain about anything.

So am I to understand that if you race against better drivers you will learn more and only get better? So why is there a 4-cylinder class, if the kids would actually learn more from the better drivers in the bigger cars?

And why would a "better" driver want to go down in class and race against "lesser" drivers? Just for fun? Are they not having fun in the other class they are in? Or is it just more fun to go and race against someone that they know they can beat?

It seems that some of your answers have only created more questions.

I don't believe that the question was "Why doesn't everyone get a trophy?". I have read some posts on here about people who think they are not getting paid enough but I have also seen where several of the classes pay throughout the field or really deep into it (Kinda like everyone getting a trophy huh).

I do have to say that my intentions weren't to create havoc or spread discontent. I only wanted to ask the question I couldn't answer myself.

Just my $.02

up, down...your the one saying there is a difference....I say racing is racing...I would be happy running a 4cylinder class...and I have no problem winning in anything I drive. I dont think there is any difference in any class or person....boys dont have an advantage over girls...old over young...there are 2 pedals and a wheel in every car...and every person has the same chance. I never have understood why some people try to flaunt their differences, or why people try to fan the flames of discontent. Why would my daughter want to run ministocks and street stocks? How many drivers on here would NOT want to race more? Or run 2 classes in the same night? We drive a long way to race...and it makes more sense to me to run as much as possible on one night. Now why is there a class just for teens...I think safety. For some reason adults can get too involved in this sport...I have watched people ram there cars into other people cause they "thought" that person had wronged them. Can a kid do this? Yes....but I have told my kids, if they wreck someone on purpose...there done..for good (as I bet other parents have said so too).... I try to teach them how to race like it used to be... if they cause a wreck, I make them go apologize....this is something of a lost art. Do my kids wreck people? Yes, they make mistakes...do stupid things ( I am still not happy when Tricia took out the girl who should have won the ministock race) But, I hope they can learn something from their mistakes and from this sport. Like, how working hard and practice will make you better, Not...that if they lower the playing field or stack the deck in their favor they can win. are you a whiner? complainer? instigator? only you know that answer, I am not calling anyone names...just telling you how I see it. Of course the funniest thing about this whole discussion is the implication that Tricia is "cherry picking" 3 feature wins to her name...lol Maybe she is ready for sprint cars? any sponsors? lol AJ

it didn't seem like anyone was directly refering to you or your girl but if you have a guilty conscience... the gentleman that started this thread has no vested interest in either class. he even said the question wasn't his alone. heck, i'm not so sure people from the other side of the track havn't asked the same question, even if it was just outta curiosity. So if you or anyone else thinks that this,or any thread for that matter, is directed at them, maybe there is a hint of truth there. this being said, nobody knows whats in your heart and mind except you and the Almighty Himself so don't let someone that doesn't even know you that well upset you. all you will end up doing is making yourself look worse than they do.

guilty? of what? racing? humm...of racing these classes....in the same night...guess you got me...lol I feel so bad about this..I might have to commit this crime again...lol

you will?? ...or your daughter,lol i didn't know you were racing both classes. lol like i said, he wasn't refering to you directly, but you make it look that way when you start getting defensive. race on man!!! and Tricia too!!!!. i'm sure she's gonna be great driver some day, just like her dad. i'm sure you both know when it's time to pick one or the other. the man simply asked the question.

Once again, I wasn't asking the question about anyone in particular.

Sorry AJ, I won't be at the track on Saturday, but I will make sure I stop by and introduce myself with a handshake the next time I am there.

I would have to guess that your answer would be YES they should be able to race any class they want age permitting.

To be honest, I don't know who Tricia is, or what number car she drives or how many races she has won.

It is a great thing that you are teaching your kid or kids (not sure if you have more than one) to drive right. But you have to understand that just because you are, doesn't mean that everyone is. Your rule about taking someone out no purpose is GREAT, but you know that not every parent out there has that same rule.

If the teen class is for safety, when is it safe for the teens to move up into the next class? Who determines this and at what point is it not safe for them to race in the lower class designed to keep the younger drivers safe?

funny thing with email...or typing period....you cant really set a tone...defensive...not even close....bored? Yes . Honestly...everything I said is just my opinion. I have been around enough to understand most people will never change their mind even if you have proof there wrong...(right Brenda?...lol) for the record..I say I...because there my cars...so I say when and what she drives. But...I bet you already knew that... and..in my eyes...there will never be a time to pick one class...that is a flaw I see in most racers...try to race a class they cant afford...because they "think" there to good for a class...some of the best racing I was ever a part of was in TOBA....came straight out of my Super stock to run a bomber...and ran against some of the best drivers in the state. I ran against Aylor, both Seals, Asher, Sauter, Dainelsons...and tons more...in a bomber. Now that was a fun time in racing... dont think I will ever "pick" one class to run in....after all...this is just for fun right?

Shamrock...when is it safe to move up? Never...but it is a parents decision...

when is it not safe to move down....rules say 17

and right now...1 kid...3 foster children...ask me after tuesday...should have a different answer on how many are really "ours" ..AJ

oh yeah...If you would like...I will be with the 22 street stock Saturday , if you really just want answers (not a fight) I am the bald fat guy ...lol AJ

you have not been fat in over 2 years, you marathon runner.... ;)...

Side note. I have kept up with three major threads on the SOS board over the course of this week and commenented on a couple. What I found intriguing about these topics over the course of this week is that they are all actually very healthy, and some may not realize it, but they have likely recharged some racing interest. Bad press is bad for tracks. None of us could argue that too much. But, some healthy debate on topics among drivers can be good. Why do you think some folks get so passionate about someone running for office over the contendor. It is not good to get on the web and bash the track as that hurts, but engaging in healthy debate on topics can actually be very good for business. I don't think this particular thread was zoned to single out, but more so seek the opinons as requested. And, they did surface. You know, when a driver does really good we have to say, well they are cheating, or the track doesn't tech good enough. But, I'll say what I've told a friend of mine many times. They ain't gonna talk about you unless you're running up front, and I'd sure rather be talked about than to be running in the back. Hence, some healthy debate on subjects can be very good for business, and if healthy it draws fans to want to come out and see what all this is about.

A reasonable amount of rivalry between drivers can be healthy also. Why was "Madhouse" so popular. Uhhh, maybe that is actually a bad example as some of those rivalries weren't healthy. But, point being is when it can stay relatively civil a debate or talking about who's the best driver, etc, can be good for business.

When the boards are dormant, many breathe a sigh of relief, but at the same time it could be a lack of interest at hand. Heck, this week I saw several folks expressing information that I hadn't really seen on here before. So my take is this week has been good for business.

See everyone Saturday

-Monty

considering being a part-time philoshopher or B.S. master

Uh oh, am I starting to sound like Nick with my posts?

funny thing with email...or typing period....you cant really set a tone...defensive...not even close....bored? Yes . Honestly...everything I said is just my opinion. I have been around enough to understand most people will never change their mind even if you have proof there wrong...(right Brenda?...lol) for the record..I say I...because there my cars...so I say when and what she drives. But...I bet you already knew that... and..in my eyes...there will never be a time to pick one class...that is a flaw I see in most racers...try to race a class they cant afford...because they "think" there to good for a class...some of the best racing I was ever a part of was in TOBA....came straight out of my Super stock to run a bomber...and ran against some of the best drivers in the state. I ran against Aylor, both Seals, Asher, Sauter, Dainelsons...and tons more...in a bomber. Now that was a fun time in racing... dont think I will ever "pick" one class to run in....after all...this is just for fun right?

Shamrock...when is it safe to move up? Never...but it is a parents decision...

when is it not safe to move down....rules say 17

and right now...1 kid...3 foster children...ask me after tuesday...should have a different answer on how many are really "ours" ..AJ

i know ask mickey helms hell he ran limited one night kicked butt,jumped into #35 purestock won,this car left everyone in its class that night (he,he, )car hasnt seen podium again at s.o.s.then he raced dwarf car and was top 3 this is something to brag about what you think mickey stop hiding you have most wins ever than anyboby please answer question

know ask mickey helms hell he ran limited one night kicked butt,jumped into #35 purestock won,this car left everyone in its class that night (he,he, )car hasnt seen podium again at s.o.s.then he raced dwarf car and was top 3 this is something to brag about what you think mickey stop hiding you have most wins ever than anyboby please answer question

You are right, that was entertaining to see.

But none of those classes are "Beginner" classes.

Absolutely and having run 2nd that night we had a good time running against him. He didnt walk off from us but we couldnt pass him either.

Of the four times I ran last year, one was not the night Mickey ran in the streets, but I would have really enjoyed getting to run with him. He is one of my heros for several reasons.

But, you need to be thankful I sold that tail dragging Nova, and didn't bring it out this year, cause I in fact, did walk off from all y'all a couple of times last year... ;) ... now that's some trash talking right there, I'll tell ya what... Just messing with ya pardner. You and Robert are great friends to me..

On a serious note, I am making a prediction... I think the street stock feature this week will be the best yet this season. the 77 has two feature wins and the 49 has two feature wins. Several other cars are inching to the front as well. And who knows who else will be a contendor. There will either be a new car in victory lane or there will be a tie breaker. This will be a good week for the streets... my prediction...

Again, see everyone Saturday.. Good Luck to everyone, including us.. :lol:

Archived