Prayers for Bob "Uncle Bob" Mireles needed

NickHolt

We have learned that long-time Houston Motorsports Park announcer and my good friend Bob Mireles - better known as Uncle Bob - has been admitted to a hospital with chest pains.

I will share more info as it becomes known to me. In the meantime, please pray for Bob.

Nick

I hope Bob gets better soon. When TSRS raced at HMP, we couldn't ask for a nicer guy to coordinate with in the tower. And, I agree he's very good at what he does. My prayers go out to Bob for a speedy recovery.

Any updates on Uncle Bob?

What a great guy to work with! He's truly a class act - prayers going out to our man..

As I understand it, Uncle Bob will have to "take it easy" for quite some time and probably will not be announcing at HMP for maybe the rest of the season. I don't have a full report, though.

Nick

I had the opportunity to visit Bob today. He is in the hospital. He is expected to go home in a few days and will be some time in recovery. He wanted to make sure everyone knew that "he was still alive". He said to tell everyone thanks for praying and asked that we continue in prayer for him. He knows God is the true healer and is very grateful to all the doctors and nurses through which he has seen Gods hands in action.

I do not know his family but I am sure that all of them could use our prayers as well.

Thanks much for the update, Whitey...Prayers will continue...

• 4 weeks later...

Uncle Bob was on the Houston Motorsports Park Live Updates with us last Saturday which is a very good sign!

Bob had major surgery recently and is recovering at home. He asked me to say thanks for all the prayers offered on his behalf. Bob believes in the power of prayer - and so do I.

Nick

Archived