Well they've already started....again

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waco Racer....Since HOT is Fri. and Abilene is(was) Sat. I doubt it.....Was just talking with Slider about this subject....

With Gulf South at HOT, and Lone Star Region at RPM both tonight.....I see the D/FW area guys staying up at RPM.....I don't think many Houston area guys will travel to Waco with the weather being so iffy.....Now IF RPM rains out and IF HOT gets their show in then yes there should be more cars....but we all know the old "IF" adage.....

Waco Racer....Since HOT is Fri. and Abilene is(was) Sat. I doubt it.....Was just talking with Slider about this subject....

With Gulf South at HOT, and Lone Star Region at RPM both tonight.....I see the D/FW area guys staying up at RPM.....I don't think many Houston area guys will travel to Waco with the weather being so iffy.....Now IF RPM rains out and IF HOT gets their show in then yes there should be more cars....but we all know the old "IF" adage.....

I didn't realize that the LSR was at RPM tonight. I'm hoping for the big IF!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Friday, May 14, 2010

USMTS events at Cowtown, Heart O' Texas canceled for this weekend

DALLAS, Texas (May 14) – The USMTS Castle Rock Recruiting Southern Series events scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday, May 15-16, at the Cowtown Speedway and Heart O' Texas Speedway have been postponed due to weather.

“We regret that the weather has forced this postponement, but with diesel at $3 a gallon, we don’t feel that the potential risk of a weather-forced cancellation justifies the costs the traveling teams will incur to get here,” said Cowtown Speedway promoter Bo Rawdon. “With the high cost of travel for the thirty-plus teams pulling 800 and more miles, track and series officials – as well as several series drivers – feel it is just too risky with the sketchy weather forecast predicted for the entire weekend.”

Fans that have purchased tickets in advance for the Cowtown Speedway event will have their tickets refunded today.

A similar dreary forecast is predicted for Sunday’s event at the Heart O’ Texas Speedway, which is also postponed to a later date.

“The USMTS show at Cowtown in 2008 was a barnburner, and the fan turnout was excellent,” said USMTS President Todd Staley. “Many USMTS fans also travel hundreds of miles to our shows, so we wanted to give at least a one-day notice to let the USMTS faithful make other plans for the weekend.”

Both events were rained out last year, but all parties involved are committed to making these shows happen sometime later this summer or fall. Officials from the USMTS and both tracks are working on alternative dates for these blockbuster events, and details will be published when they become available.

Up next for the rugged road warriors of the United States Modified Touring Series will be a five-day, five-track swing for the USMTS Casey’s General Stores National Tour.

Wednesday, May 26, will find the touring titans at the Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa, followed by a visit to the Highway 3 Raceway in Allison, Iowa, on Thursday, May 27. The pair of races will kick off 2010 points battle in the Farm Boy BBQ Sauce Central States Region presented by Arnold Motor Supply.

From there, it’s on to the Land of 10,000 Lakes for a Memorial Day Weekend tripleheader and the first three races in the Yeager Machine Upper Midwest Region. On Friday, May 28, action moves to the Chateau Raceway in Lansing, followed by treks to the Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley on Saturday, May 29, and the Dodge County Speedway in Kasson on Sunday, May 30.

Next up for the USMTS Castle Rock Recruiting Southern Series will be the 3rd Annual Southern Speedweek, which kicks off on Thursday, June 10, at the Tri-State Speedway in Pocola, Okla. Friday's venue will be the Paris Motor Speedway in Blossom, Texas, and Saturday, June 12, will feature a return to the Texarkana 67 Speedway in Texarkana, Ark. The week wraps up at Gene Boyter's Ark-La-Tex Speedway in Vivian, La., on Sunday, June 13. More than $60,000 in prize money will be up for grabs during the four-race swing, with a possible $8,000 to win.

To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also follow the USMTS on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.

Heart O' Texas reports that they are racing tonight, May 14. They got some rain, but they are working the track as I type. It may be a bit muddy, but the track should be good according to their FB post.

Nick

HOT has really been dodging the bullet on rain this year. I think they've had one rainout, while some tracks are on their third.

I would guess the car count tonight will be pretty high with everything else shut down for weather. Gene Adamcik must be living right.

Archived