Trey Mitchell Notches top ten at Wake County

Trey Mitchell Notches First Top Ten of 2010 at Wake County

Mooresville, North Carolina (May 11, 2010) - Without a doubt, racing around the quarter mile sized Wake County Speedway is a chore, but Friday night Texas native Trey Mitchell was up to the challenge notching his first top ten of the 2010 racing season. A late race incident with the leaders battling for the top spot with just three laps to go sent the field scattering to miss the incident. Unfortunately for Mitchell he got caught behind the cars involved and went from fifth to tenth, the same position he took the checkered flag in.

“I’m still trying to figure out how we got put a lap down on that last incident with about three laps to go. I saw Blaney dive down across the nose of Stancil’s car and I went low to try and avoid it and just got caught up behind Blaney and was stuck there. I was about to pull out in front of the leaders but I didn’t want to take a chance on tearing up their cars and I’ve always thought you couldn’t lose a lap under yellow so I just waited until they went by. Then I found out we were a lap down and I couldn’t really understand why, to be honest with you I still don’t understand,” stated Mitchell after the race.

The incident cost Mitchell an almost for sure top five finish which is really what the team needs at this point of the season in order to make a climb up the PASS South points standings. The team knew that the tight quarter mile track would make for some tough racing and it was anyone’s guess on what might be the outcome at nights end, but for Mitchell it was his best race of the season thus far topping the charts during practice and then backing it up with an impressive eighth place qualifying effort. An area the team had been hoping to improve on and did dramatically at what some consider the toughest track on the circuit.

“I would have to agree with my team 100% in saying this was our best all around effort at the race track this season. Crew chief Gary Crooks gave me a good car from the time we unloaded, then I did my job finally in qualifying, and we ran a smart race; its just disappointing that it ended up the way it did because of someone else’s mess. Regardless we’ll be at Concord in a couple of weeks which will be the first track we go to that I haven’t ever raced at since the season opener at Dillon. It’s a track I’ve always wanted to race at so its definitely a race I’m looking forward to; hopefully we can get on a roll here and get some good finishes before the long July break,” added Mitchell.

Stay tuned to www.treymitchellracing.com all year long for all the latest news and information regarding Trey Mitchell Racing in 2010. For public relations, website, and possible sponsorship information contact Chris Ragle at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704-706-3666.

Archived