Construction on IH 35 this weekend

debwill

Becky Cooper sent me the following information from TxDOT, so please take it into consideration if you're headed to THR this weekend:

Texas Department of Transportation has announced that the I-35 frontage roads in Buda and Kyle from just north of FM 1626 to FM 2001 will be converted to one-way beginning May 4.

TxDOT has moved up its plan to convert these roads to one way to facilitate improvements already in progress. Those improvements include a new bridge with separate turnaround lanes to carry Kyle Crossing (CR 210) over I-35 and completing gaps in the existing frontage roads between Kyle Crossing, Kyle Parkway and FM 150 (downtown Kyle). Also underway are improvements to Overpass Road and FM 2001 in Buda as well as a realignment of FM 150 east of I-35.

Drivers are advised that parts of the access roads will be reduced to one lane to accomodate equipment used for the bridge construction and extra time should be given if you will be using the construction area for travel.

In November 2008 Hays County voters approved a proposition to issue $207 million in Hays County road bonds for roadway safety and mobility improvements across the county. TxDOT will reimburse the County some of the costs to the projects above through the TxDOT Pass-Through Funding Program. The City of Kyle contributed $11 million toward the project.

The frontage roads south of Kyly Parkway will be converted to one-way in 2011.

yea...this whole area is a COMPLETE mess!!! and, cops patrolling the stop signs only make it worse...i advise everyone to stay totally away from these roads if at all possible...unless you have A LOT of spare time to kill!

Archived