holley carb question

hello, i know this might be a stupid question but here goes. i've been looking in the junkyards lately try'ng to find a 4412 carb off of the old fords. so far ive found a few carbs out there but im not sure how to identify which is the right ones to buy. some of them look like the fuel bowls look a little different with a power valve next to the fuel inlet and they dont say holley on them. if some of you guys could help me with some details on how to recognize the right carb without having to pay 300$ for a new one from the dealer i sure would appreciate any help. i wanna build a truck, im a pretty good welder and cant afford to pay 8-10g's for one already built. thanks kenny

All the ones I've seen or had my hands on had 4412 stamped on the choke tower. If you do find a junker without that, it probably won't be allowed.

Call me lazy, but by the time I search several junk yards and pay their asking price, I figure you'll have more invested in time and money than you would by just buying a new or used race carb. You can usually find a decent used one in the classified here or on racing junk for $200 to $250. Of course, if you want the peace of mind that your carb is doing the most it can for you, that won't cut it.

All the ones I've seen or had my hands on had 4412 stamped on the choke tower. If you do find a junker without that, it probably won't be allowed.

Call me lazy, but by the time I search several junk yards and pay their asking price, I figure you'll have more invested in time and money than you would by just buying a new or used race carb. You can usually find a decent used one in the classified here or on racing junk for $200 to $250. Of course, if you want the peace of mind that your carb is doing the most it can for you, that won't cut it.

thanks for the reply, i agree with you, i was try'n to save a few bucks here and there. i always try to pick up spare parts to put on the shelf for later use. but your right on some things its better to just order from the catologs. thanks for the input and congrats on last saturdays race. Kenny

thanks for the reply, i agree with you, i was try'n to save a few bucks here and there. i always try to pick up spare parts to put on the shelf for later use. but your right on some things its better to just order from the catologs. thanks for the input and congrats on last saturdays race. Kenny

From what I know, there is no manufacturer that used the Holley 4412 by the Holley part number. Ford used a very similar design carb as the Autolight 2100 series and for some stock classes, that will substitute. As mentioned, the 4412 so popular with racing classes, there is seldom a shortage of good used carbs..

• 1 month later...

Archived