Trey Mitchell set for PASS South Wake County

Trey Mitchell set for PASS South Wake County

Mooresville, North Carolina (May 4, 2010) - Wake County Speedway is the fourth stop on the 2010 PASS South tour and will also mark the fourth race of 2010 season for the Trey Mitchell Racing team. The quarter mile bullring is a track that can make even the calmest driver lose their cool if their memory isn’t a short one once the green flag falls. For Texas native Trey Mitchell having made several stops at the Corpus Christi Speedway over his career ladder climb, Mitchell knows the characteristics of what a driver has to possess in order to have a good run at a place like Wake County. However; the question is, can Mitchell dodge his own frustrations throughout the race, but more importantly can he dodge the frustration of others?

Team Notes:

Car: #47 Ford Fusion

Engine: McGunegill Super Late Model Spec Engine

Sponsor(s): Magnum’s Oilfield Service/SponsorTrey.com

Event/Series Notes:

Event/Date: Capital City Clash 150 – May 7th, 2010

Venue: Wake County Speedway – Raleigh, NC

Track Size: 1/4th mile (.250)

Series: Pro All Stars Series-South

Standings: 13th (PASS South)

QUOTES:

-Wake County Speedway is a tight bullring, where as a driver you have to be “up on the wheel” each and every lap; how do you approach a race track such as this?

“First off, let me say that these types of tracks are not my favorite, that’s for sure, but they sure do make for some entertaining racing for the fans. I mean as far as deciding on a strategy to approach the race, it is really up in the air. You could say that being out front is the place to be but then you start getting into lap traffic and you never know what can happen, so the biggest thing is just focus on running your race and racing the track, not the drivers around you.”

-The PASS South series allows several different motor combinations from crate motors to super late model spec motors of which you have both; one of the toughest choices by teams every year is which motor combination do you go with for Wake County?

“Well deciding on what motor to bring this weekend has definitely been the topic of discussion between me and crew chief Gary Crooks all week long but after talking it over and talking to a few other teams out there, we decided to go with the spec motor. The big motor will be better for getting through and off the corners which is something that is real important when your racing in a tight pack where racing real estate is at a premium.”

-Your are 13th in PASS South points standings, not exactly where you hoped to be at this point of the year, Wake County is know, for a track that can shake up the points standings in a hurry, do you see your team as a gainer or loser on the points ladder at the end of 150 laps around the quarter mile?

“That’s a tough question to answer before the race because Wake County is such a craps shoot when it comes to having an idea on how well you’ll do there. You may have a great car but get caught in someone else’s mess in a hurry. Right now if I had to say one way or another I would say we will be a minimal gainer. There are a couple of guys right in front of us that I feel standings wise we should be in front; so I would say at the end of the night we should have a good shot at being right around the top ten in the points standings.”

Stay tuned to www.treymitchellracing.com all year long for all the latest news and information regarding Trey Mitchell Racing in 2010. For public relations, website, and possible sponsorship information contact Chris Ragle at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704-706-3666.

Archived