TPS Race Format Changes

TPS Race Format Changes

2010 Texas Pro Sedans Technical Bulletin #2

In accordance with the announcement stated in all TPS schedule updates, "Subject to Change, Addition or Deletion", Thunderhill Raceway has requested the elimination of TPS Heat Races on June 19 and July 31 to be replaced by Time Trials and 35 Lap Feature (subject to a field and race time limit - tba).

To help THR shorten it's race program running time, the Texas Pro Sedans have agreed with these format changes with the provision that the race format for THR "Spectacular" on September 25 would remain as scheduled.

Technical Bulletin #2 was distributed to all members and will be posted on www.texasprosedans.com

The Revised TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2010 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race ..... Track ............................................ - Remarks/Race Format

May 15 - CC Speedway/Corpus Christi, TX --- Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

Jun 19 -- Thunderhill Raceway/Kyle, TX ------- Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

July 10 - CC Speedway/Corpus Christi,TX ---- Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

July 31 - Thunderhill Raceway/Kyle, TX ------- Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

Aug 7 --- CC Speedway/Corpus Christi, TX --- Make up date if a CCS race rains out

Sept 25 - Thunderhill Raceway/Kyle, TX ------- THR "Spectacular" Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

date tba- 2010 TPS Awards Dinner ------------- Date, Time and Location to be announced

For more TPS information - visit: www.texasprosedans.com

Authorized by:

David Mackey

Texas Pro Sedans

Race Director

Written & Distributed by:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Administrative Director

Based upon our communications with Mary Ann Naumann, the change of race format to Features Only by all classes racing at Thunderhill Raceway is due to the April 24th, 10 class event which lasted until near midnight. This is a major negative to the grandstand ticket buying public.

A benefit to TPS to the elimination of Qualifying Heat Races is a competition gain. Drivers not at the top of the TPS point standings will have a more equal chance at starting the Feature Race with a more favorable grid position. Starting by points or draw (as suggested in a previous post) would contradict this competitive gain which is now available to all TPS entries.

A third practice session (as suggested in a previous post) will most likely not be offered by THR. THR holds their meetings during the down time after practice. Instead, an earlier pit gate opening might be expected in order to assure that each class still receives two practice sessions instead of a race day reduction to one practice session.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Administrative Director

An earlier pit gate opening? I get off work at 0630 on Sat mornings, it takes all I got just to get there on time as it is. And before you can say load up the night before, I work a double on fridays. Pretty well spent after sat's races. My 2 cents. ! practice (preferably not too early) and an invert of at least 8-10 cars. you got some fast ones so it will be a good show.

An earlier pit gate opening? I get off work at 0630 on Sat mornings, it takes all I got just to get there on time as it is. And before you can say load up the night before, I work a double on fridays. Pretty well spent after sat's races. My 2 cents. ! practice (preferably not too early) and an invert of at least 8-10 cars. you got some fast ones so it will be a good show.

the points leaders wont like that invert ..but it would make the race alot more fun to watch ..for all ...tps use to do an invert draw ..or something like that ..

Archived