CALLING ALL SPORT MODS

lilmodified

so my response to that sarge,,,,,,is why are the rest of them potatoe farmers so scared to come try it?

CALLING ALL POTATOE FARMERS! ;)

Maybe because we are having alot of fun on dirt where they started...but come try your luck on dirt and ill go to thr one night also....unless your scared :blink:

Potato Farmers? LOL...

Don't knock it 'till you try it! May not be quite as technical as racing on the asphalt, but it's a barrel of fun turning right the whole way around... A whole new appreciation for throttle control is gained in a hurry on the clay.

Nick

Thats what I thought too, but I think its way more technical considering the way the track changes from heat race time to feature time and trying to adapt to the differnent set-ups that are involved in that as well. It makes asphalt racing 100 times easier then dirt JMO

Thats what I thought too, but I think its way more technical considering the way the track changes from heat race time to feature time and trying to adapt to the differnent set-ups that are involved in that as well. It makes asphalt racing 100 times easier then dirt JMO

Asphalt is easier for all those exact reason. We were gonna bring our limited with 602 crate but too many cry babies afraid of 350 hp. Oh well gotta a win with it Friday and had fun. If you boys want some blisters that welp up and read 602 let us know. Oh and by the way we will wash the dirt off of it first.

Asphalt is easier for all those exact reason. We were gonna bring our limited with 602 crate but too many cry babies afraid of 350 hp. Oh well gotta a win with it Friday and had fun. If you boys want some blisters that welp up and read 602 let us know. Oh and by the way we will wash the dirt off of it first.

hey bring it on the more the better

Most of the guys running SportMods on dirt around here are running for IMCA points, so that almost precluded them from trying asphalt during the points season. And they tend to race every week, some getting both Firday and Saturday nights in.

So, that is why more don't show up to the asphalt races.

Now, with asphalt only running twice a month, why not bring your hot rods and get them dirty? Don Painter has proved that you can be fast on both with only the addition of a sway bar on the asphalt.

So I guess my question to you asphalt only guys, you wanna race, or only talk about racing? You could get in twice the number of races you do now, against bigger fields, with not much effort involved. If your not scared, that is. ;)

Stay safe,

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I noticed something was said above about Duane Sanders (#21) displaying his car in the Midway. He did it at my request.

Duane had been talking to me all week about getting his car ready, renting a transponder, etc. He had every intention of racing with the SportMods on Saturday. However, when he went through tech, he was not given the okay to race. He said he would be unable to make the required adjustments in time.

Since he was already there with his car, I asked him to display it in the Midway area. If you've noticed, we've been displaying cars (trucks and karts too) so the fans can see them up close during the night. Not all fans go to the pits afterwards. As you might expect, it's almost impossible to display cars that are racing that night, so we've been using cars that are not on that week's schedule. I know Tory Christopher also showed his #44 Pro Truck (thanks, Tory).

Again, Duane had intentions to race, so please cut him some slack.

Debbie

Im sorry but IF he really wanted to race he could have very easily changing the antifreeze to water is not that hard of a task and i know for a fact several people offered to help him If i worked as hard as he said he did to get there it would been hell or high water to stop me from gettin it done

Don

I was not planing on racing the car in the first place. I had asked two drivers if they would like to race the car for me at this race at the last race at thunder hill. the first one had stuff to do with their family. I did not ask the second driver due to a few asking me why them and not the driver i picked. Friday night we made the plan change to race instead of going to another race. That was kinda important as the national event is coming up. So friday night i put the trailer back together as I had some of the floor out. Worked on the car some friday night. Left the house a lil after noon due to plans that my wife had planned. Met someone in Hutto to borrow a transponder to save some money on the rental fee of not having one. Pot it on in the parking lot of the home depot. Just to make sure i could get it to work. The last place i had it hooked up would not worked as i was hooking it up. I glanced over at the radiator and told my crew guy that there was still antifreeze in the car. that was the first time i even thought about it we finished hooking up the transponder to head out to the track. I got to the track right before the sports mods where qualifying took the car to tech. We did not pass on the first round. I asked if I could just race it like it was. Since we where the last race of the night and the track stood firm ( Witch is a good Thing in my mind). So I decided instead of working on it since more and likely make any laps before the race. I would just go put it in the stands. For people could see it up close all night.So i went and parked it by the 44 pro truck. I had heard that some would make the changes if they could run it. And during the feature races some ones crew member came up and said they had water weter. that i could of put in it. I am not one to come out and ask for help at the track as I feel like I am going to be tacking time away from yalls cars.. So with this all said I you think I was in the wrong I would like to say sorry. Also sorry for writing a book.

Archived