Weather forcast for HMP this Saturday

After looking at the raw data and making a few projections, my son, Alan, who is graduating Saturday from Meteorology Grad School, says the weather for HMP on Saturday night is - to use a very technical term - "Iffy." Apparently it all depends on the movement of a couple of systems over the next day or so. But right now he says that the bad weather will not be as bad as places north of the track, but that the "tail end" of that system might, or might not, catch Northeast Houston on Saturday evening/night.

How's that for hedging his bets!!! But he says he could see why there was such a wide variation in probabilities since the interaction of the various systems playing a role in this one are not clearly defined at this point. He said the best indicator would be to stick your head out the window and if it gets wet, it's probably rain.

Nick.

Looks like AccuWeather is still calling for more than a 75% chance of Thunderstorms. Back in my broadcasting days, we always used AccuWeather and always joked that we could stick our "Accu-Finger" out the window and get a more accurate forecast. :lol:

Weather.com says: Cloudy in the morning with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. Humid. High 84F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

I like the "isolated" part.

Nick, congratulations to your son for having the foresight to choose a career where you only need to be 40% correct, 20% of the time. ;)

Archived