Tire Issue....

CJY08

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys get on here and talk about $3000 dollar cylinder heads and crap like that and then say yall run tires a couple years old. That's about the dumbest crap I ever heard. Try this maybe a $500 dollar cylinder and and new tires every couple of races. You may be surprised at the results.

You guys get on here and talk about $3000 dollar cylinder heads and crap like that and then say yall run tires a couple years old. That's about the dumbest crap I ever heard. Try this maybe a $500 dollar cylinder and and new tires every couple of races. You may be surprised at the results.

looks like i have to come by your work and have a prayer session with you ..lol the tires they run .dont wear out .. you can run em for years ....in fact the more they wear .the better they get ...

I'm sure that the more they wear the better they get to an extent then they are no good after that. There is no way a year old tire is better than a 3 race old tire.

actualy poorboy the tires they run now .are slower for a few nights ..it takes a few nights to get em to wear down enough to be really good or shoulkd i say better ...really depends on your setup also ..now if you shaved them they would be faster at the begiining ...being street tires .they dont build up heat and hold it for long ..does not do much good to even check the temps when they roll off the track ..

Go race,take the 2010 rules in writing with you.Measure the tread with a straight edge and a ruler and they are OK.Unless the rules specify foorprint measurement these tires are fine.If anyone is DQed for a footprint then that is a rule change.Then the rules should say FOOTPRINT..

Like always the referee will always win.Sometimes its not what you say but rather how its said.Too bad youi guys cant get any help with this deal.At RGS they gave up on the ruler thing for the same reason,3 people get 3 different measurements so now the rules say..." The first number on the tire size cannot be larger than a 235.They dont care about section width or rim size.

I guess tomorrow will define the future of Thunders.I dont remember any problems with super streets or bombers when they use street tires.Why is it so hard for Thunders??The whole idea for using street tires is to lower cost of racing by using what you have and not having to buy special tires.Read the rules and take them literal.Treadwidth,not footprint is what I read.Is this wrong??I still dont have 2010 rules but thats what 2009 stated.

Could someone please send me a copy of this years Thunder and Frontrunner rules???Thanks

Go race,take the 2010 rules in writing with you.Measure the tread with a straight edge and a ruler and they are OK.Unless the rules specify foorprint measurement these tires are fine.If anyone is DQed for a footprint then that is a rule change.Then the rules should say FOOTPRINT..

Like always the referee will always win.Sometimes its not what you say but rather how its said.Too bad youi guys cant get any help with this deal.At RGS they gave up on the ruler thing for the same reason,3 people get 3 different measurements so now the rules say..." The first number on the tire size cannot be larger than a 235.They dont care about section width or rim size.

I guess tomorrow will define the future of Thunders.I dont remember any problems with super streets or bombers when they use street tires.Why is it so hard for Thunders??The whole idea for using street tires is to lower cost of racing by using what you have and not having to buy special tires.Read the rules and take them literal.Treadwidth,not footprint is what I read.Is this wrong??I still dont have 2010 rules but thats what 2009 stated.

Could someone please send me a copy of this years Thunder and Frontrunner rules???Thanks

Yes you are wrong. If you were at the meeting I told everyone how I would measure the tires and that is how it was done.

There are people that get on here and dont have anything to do with this class and give good info and them there are some that get on here just to start BS can those people just keep there openion to there self and stay out of it ...

every one r we still cool

duh everyone is cool, without you running the inside of the tack with your mis-timed car to blow flames out the exhaust and heat the track up all night long, nobody is gripping quiet like they did last year. Kuddos on mirror blocking in the heat, but next time try to hit up the tech station after the feature so ur whole class doesn't get DQed again.

every one r we still cool

duh everyone is cool, without you running the inside of the tack with your mis-timed car to blow flames out the exhaust and heat the track up all night long, nobody is gripping quiet like they did last year. Kuddos on mirror blocking in the heat, but next time try to hit up the tech station after the feature so ur whole class doesn't get DQed again.

mirror blocking ....nah .. thats his normal driveing style .......

So can someone from the track tell me exactly the method of measuring tires so a person from out of town can be legal???All this talk and no answers.

its dead issue at this moment ...from what i gathered .you run what you have now .untill mid season ..then they will go back to the way they have been measuring ...i think it was with paper ...so for now ..this issue is on hold .but still 7 1/4 .......so load up what you have been running and bring it up to cc .. .charlie is lost without you ..

Looks like Nellie was the fastest car last night, she must have had some 6 or 8 year old tires.

6 or 8? taking a shot at us there poorboy???? lol

So can someone from the track tell me exactly the method of measuring tires so a person from out of town can be legal???All this talk and no answers.

its dead issue at this moment ...from what i gathered .you run what you have now .untill mid season ..then they will go back to the way they have been measuring ...i think it was with paper ...so for now ..this issue is on hold .but still 7 1/4 .......so load up what you have been running and bring it up to cc .. .charlie is lost without you ..

Me lost? nah.... I wasn't the one at the Ballpark, and not the track ;)

Archived