Tire Issue....

CJY08

CRT you guys lost control of the costs when you voted out the car claimer.Nobody would spend 7 grand on an engine if the entire car could be claimed for 1200 and another car.There would be no hi dollar cars and those who complained can put up the dough or keep quiet.Its that simple. More rule changes led to more problems.

Something needs to be decided before next race about this tire deal.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bj34 it wouldnt of cost you anymore cause you didnt have the alum head and you wasnt the ones pushing for the high dollar super soft tires . 90 percent of the cars out there wouldnt of had to do anything cause they wasnt running the stuff it was just a few that even had it and some of them wanted it where it was not legal to run the heads i never said i wanted to go back to stock i just wasnt going to spend 7000 dollars on heads and 150 dollars a night on a tire so i got rid of 66 and 99 and stopped working on the third car and even lalo stopped working on lil lalos car

p .s i think they should of allowed the weight jacks that only helps the handling of the car

I would have to buy a new head for the work that has been done to it no port and polish . on tire thing I thought they were going to us a durometer to test how soft the tires got after they raced to set a treadwear number

Guy's stop crying about heads and other parts.... Talking about tires here, Look at what you all just posted.... all of us thunders are at the 215 mark or under.... Whats the problem? like The older guys said its too late to change the rules, Were not wanting that.... We want to make this simple and where all of us can race with out buying new tires.... Now everyone at the meeting knows we voted these tires in... but that damn 7.25 is giving us problems... Am not no freaking scientist i dont know why or think anyone else knows why they are messuring out like this. So whats the next step here? a few are already on board lets go to dan take out the 7.25 and make the rule a max 215 and give people options and so they dont have to go out and buy tires and lose more cars.... sound good?

I SAY KEEP WAT U GOT ON N WE CAN ALL GO UP TO DAN AT THE TRACK NEXT SATURDAY ITS NOT GUNNA TAKE THAT LONG TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE AS LONG AS WE ALL KEEP TO THE TIRES N NOTHING ABOUT HEADS WEIGHT JACKS N WAT EVER ELSE SOME CANT GET OUT OF THEIR HEADS

THAT OTHER STUFF IS GUNNA HAVE 2 COME NEXT YEAR CHANGING THOSE KINDA RULES WHEN WE R ALREADY A QUARTER INTO THE SEASON IS POINTLESS N IS GUNNA CAUSE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS

LIKE MOST OF U SAY MAX 215/50 13 ,14 ,OR 15 WATEVER U RUN N THIS NEEDS TO BE ONLY

DRIVERS N NOT PIT CREW WE R THE ONES DRIVING THE CARS NOT THEM ITS WAT WE WANT

CRT you guys lost control of the costs when you voted out the car claimer.Nobody would spend 7 grand on an engine if the entire car could be claimed for 1200 and another car.There would be no hi dollar cars and those who complained can put up the dough or keep quiet.Its that simple. More rule changes led to more problems.

Something needs to be decided before next race about this tire deal.

gb you know as well as i do there is not a $1200 car or even just motor that would run with you and the only reason i put a big mototr aut there was to go after you cause why try to beat a3rd or 4th place car that is a dumb goal i went for the #1 man and it was you and if they didnt like it they should of came after me not cry about it cause guess what we payed less then 1500 for that head and hell u cant build a good cast head for less then half that and any time anyone wanted to know what i had i told them as far as motor, gear, spings, or what ever

p .s i think they should of allowed the weight jacks that only helps the handling of the car

i agree, not to mention that there is a certian class that drivers may come down from that most guys have weight jacks === more car count

you wont get those other cars ..they will not run street tires ..thats just one reason of a few ...your best bet would be to call the others that have cars sitting .and see what needs to be done to get them back out ..

Just make it simple.One tire size and one rim size only. That way everyone will be the same and would be easy to tech.Having said that it is hard to change rules once the season starts especially when it seems there are so many variations on what is being run now. But you gotta start somewhere.

215 is what yah want ..what is the max tire width ..that seems to have been the problem ..7.1/4 or max .7.1/5 .... what tire pressure is it going to be checked .at ..some run low tire pressures and that widens the tire patch ...which tire will be checked .... and so on ..that way it gets agreed on by yah .and dan ...you know if you go off a water mark ..camber can play into the patch width ...useing the right front only ...just throwing this out for those who race this class ..good luck ..

Archived