Tire Issue....

CJY08

how about we just go to them $50 goodyears dan was talkin about cause then no one can 8itch about tires but just everything else

I said lets do it, but we cant those tires only come in 13in I think he said, setting the 215 max rule would be better cuz then you and gb and other guys can run what ever you want just dont go over 215...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, just because a tire says its a certain width dosnt necessarily mean its exactly what it is. there is a ratio between the sidewall hight and tire width. I dont understand why it is like that but it is. look at the 205/60R15 and the 205/65R15 on this chart. the tires are not the same width, so the 215 tire rule is not going to work. need to figure out some other way to measure the tires. just letting yall know.

click on specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...Precision+Sport

ha ha i tryed to get something done at the meeting on tires and heads and it didnt work w so everyone stop complaining and just race

Why try and slow the fast cars down? they give you a reason to try and get better. If you cant keep up then you need to work on getting faster (that's what i am doing). Either threw engine tuning, suspension tuning, driving different lines ect. Sure it all costs money but you can do far more improvements with suspension tuning and engine tuning (replacing 30 year old bushings and wore out racks and ball joints and adjusting your caster and camber and toe, or actually putting a timing light and a different set of jets in your carb) than just building a big motor because a fine tuned cast iron motor will keep up with an svo head or a hot rod bunny (you see it all the time in the pro sedan series (i know i beat more than a few bunny's and svo's with mine), it all depends on your cam and timing and the minor improvements you make cause not trying new arrangements is what kills you guys. try something new every now and then and you'll find something that works better whether its a degree of camber, a different spring, carb jets, a spark plug...whatever. I agree just running a 215max would solve all of the problems with tires, it would let everyone run whatever rim and brand of tire they want. just leave it at 215/###/##. Though just tires isnt the only problem with the thunder rules. I think that the thunder class needs to set a date and a place and get together and amend some of the rules and be done with it. But keep in mind that everyone has room for improvement. some things that could be addressed are tire sizes, weight jacks (or adjustable spacers) and adjustable shackles on leaf springs, spring sliders, carb choke horns (i know that there are a few people that have one that's been cut off that they cant run that is wasted money that could be used), adjust-a-jet plates (cant run um now but they would be safer and simpler to tune and not really a carb improvement mod), bump steer adjustments. any other idea's? im not saying we need to open rules to make the fast cars faster but encourage the slower cars to try some tuning and adjustments

how about we just go to them $50 goodyears dan was talkin about cause then no one can 8itch about tires but just everything else

I said lets do it, but we cant those tires only come in 13in I think he said, setting the 215 max rule would be better cuz then you and gb and other guys can run what ever you want just dont go over 215...

everyone can get 13's and run them, most of yall have a set already and its not like they cost that much money, plus if you want to keep your 15's or 14's till you have the money for new tires and wheels id say leave them because they would not be better than the goodyears therefore letting you run what you have for now till you want to step up, i know im not going to buy new tires and wheels till mine are wore out but they are still under 7.25

BJ what size are you running?

On my neon I run205/50/15 on my brothers mustangs 205/55/15 and on my mustang as soon as I find someone to help work on it and drive it .It will have 215/50/13 on it why?

did yall understand my earlier post? the number on the side of the tire is not an accurate measurement.

good call, this chart could help out, because the first three numbers determine the sectional width which is effected by sidewall height and pressure, while the real concern here is tread width, now if the rule was changed to a sectional width of 215 then this rule would be accurate but would allow variances in tread widths check it out for a better understanding http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=7

did yall understand my earlier post? the number on the side of the tire is not an accurate measurement.

good call, this chart could help out, because the first three numbers determine the sectional width which is effected by sidewall height and pressure, while the real concern here is tread width, now if the rule was changed to a sectional width of 215 then this rule would be accurate but would allow variances in tread widths check it out for a better understanding http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=7

sounds good to me!

What you guys all need to do is get it all on paper from the get go so all of this wont be a issue . alot of trans- actions are on paper and or contracts so it wont be ( HE SAID SHE SAID ) stuff would be the issue as well all as all other problems that can or will happen in all cases . It needs to be done soon and updated rules, as well so ( I didnt hear that one or what wont come up ) so get with the one in charge and write it down, docoment it, so it wont be misunderstood .Im sure that someone will listen ,,, before this gets too deep .. maybe at second half of points( if possible)... Its not fun when you got two ears and twenty mouths speeking at one time ,,,I've been there.

:unsure::unsure:

I don't know what is legal in that class but I wouold run whatever the 88 ministaock was running. She was very fast untill whatever malfunction happened to the car. She was the only car I saw all night that past anybody on the track, and was using the outside to do it. Apparently something went wrong in the back of the car.

215 60 14"

Thank you and see you all next race nights

The question is simple.Are the little Sumos legal or not???This re-writing the rule book all the time is what hurts racing,any class,any track.For example a prospective new team came to me and asked about the proposed rule changes for the Thunders at RGS.They found a car and want to buy and race it but it is a FWD and they were concarned about the rule changes.Now everyone wants to change the tire rule at CC.What does a prospect consider???You dont need rule changes,only positive interpretations.The rules were ammended for this little tire,why throw them out now??

I believe the effort should be tward increasing car count rather than worring about who has what.I still have not heard anybody come up with a positive recruting plan since the inception of Thunder rules over the ministock rules.You already dont have a class with 6 cars.Damn the rules,get the cars!!!!!

The question is simple.Are the little Sumos legal or not???This re-writing the rule book all the time is what hurts racing,any class,any track.For example a prospective new team came to me and asked about the proposed rule changes for the Thunders at RGS.They found a car and want to buy and race it but it is a FWD and they were concarned about the rule changes.Now everyone wants to change the tire rule at CC.What does a prospect consider???You dont need rule changes,only positive interpretations.The rules were ammended for this little tire,why throw them out now??

I believe the effort should be tward increasing car count rather than worring about who has what.I still have not heard anybody come up with a positive recruting plan since the inception of Thunder rules over the ministock rules.You already dont have a class with 6 cars.Damn the rules,get the cars!!!!!

thier you go ..i agree ..all this yak yak .didnt get the thunders anywhere off season .and now the car count is down ..the drivers didnt listen to the older guys ..lost some cars from it .i know i turned down lisa,.s car for joshua ..didnt like what i was seeing ...the tire issue should not be a problem .but one car was considered to wide ..now was that wear and tear .and how much was it over .. what did the driver do to cause the tires to be over ..was it rims ..low tire pressure ...that has not been answered .. is it large enuogh on the over all to be a decideing factor in the way the car run.s probably not ..was it just one tire measured ... im sure if the tires were over it wasnt on purpose ..changeing tires would be a dumb move at this time ..this should have been decided in the drivers meeting . but it wasnt ....

well most the drivers dont seem to want to do that . they lost 4 cars when they wouldnt work on the rules

If they changed the rule to do half of what you wanted to do you would win the championship second and third place because no one would race cost to much to put there car back in the stone age

well most the drivers dont seem to want to do that . they lost 4 cars when they wouldnt work on the rules

If they changed the rule to do half of what you wanted to do you would win the championship second and third place because no one would race cost to much to put there car back in the stone age

.. catch 22 ..do nothing .you will lose all that mony you spent .. no cars .. ... do something to build your class back up ..you will lose ...but will gain .. CRT was a big part of rebuilding the class with us back in 89 ..someone said that very same thing ..you just said . STONE AGE . . .from 5 cars to 18 plus back then ..,,,gb came along may years later and helped to get the class going again ...repeats all over ..

thier you go ..i agree ..all this yak yak .didnt get the thunders anywhere off season .and now the car count is down ..the drivers didnt listen to the older guys ..lost some cars from it .i know i turned down lisa,.s car for joshua ..didnt like what i was seeing ...the tire issue should not be a problem .but one car was considered to wide ..now was that wear and tear .and how much was it over .. what did the driver do to cause the tires to be over ..was it rims ..low tire pressure ...that has not been answered .. is it large enuogh on the over all to be a decideing factor in the way the car run.s probably not ..was it just one tire measured ... im sure if the tires were over it wasnt on purpose ..changeing tires would be a dumb move at this time ..this should have been decided in the drivers meeting . but it wasnt ....

the wear n tear is something that tech needs to understand n another thing is the weight of the car for instence put a 235 70 15 on a suburban n then put one on a monte carlo there is gunna b a big difference n the way the tire settles its rubber its gunna expand

bj34 it wouldnt of cost you anymore cause you didnt have the alum head and you wasnt the ones pushing for the high dollar super soft tires . 90 percent of the cars out there wouldnt of had to do anything cause they wasnt running the stuff it was just a few that even had it and some of them wanted it where it was not legal to run the heads i never said i wanted to go back to stock i just wasnt going to spend 7000 dollars on heads and 150 dollars a night on a tire so i got rid of 66 and 99 and stopped working on the third car and even lalo stopped working on lil lalos car

p .s i think they should of allowed the weight jacks that only helps the handling of the car

i would say keep them, just make sure that it is added to the rules hate to see people have to buy new tires for 1/2 inch of tread, however i understand the way that tech works, no offense to anyone that got in trouble but it states 7.25 and if your over than that was a risk taken by whatever team runs them, its a drivers responsibility to make sure that there car is in compliance with the printed class rules. does any one have any idea how many thunder cars are even left out there? why arnt these cars out there?

making it towear u cannot runover a 215 50 13, 14, or 15 watever u run is the wat to do it

cause no two tires the same size r gunna always be the same like if i had a mustang that weighted 2300lbs n someone else had one the same weight all the tires more than likely wont match cause of tire pressure n wat set up u have n how u have ur weight transfered thats just my opinion

Archived