Calling ALL SUPER STOCKS!

TRP

Calling all Super-Stocks. We have been running Super Stocks at Texana Raceway the past two race nights. But the class just hasn't had enough car count to support itself. I really don't want to see this class go away. But we have to have the car count to continue this class, and pay full purse. Last Saturday the Super Stocks were some of the best and closest racing we have seen at our track. Three wide! B) Sonny, Eric, GW, yall put on one Heck of a show. As did all our classes and drivers! :) I know the cars are our there! Other tracks have had 20+ Super Stocks show up and race. I want to welcome you to our track! We will be racing again May 1st at Texana Raceway Park. Hope to see you there! Thank You, Ken.

Never been there, but may try to make it out.

Just to make sure I'm seeing it right.... 25.00 for registration - 40.00 for car and driver - 25.00 for pit passes?

Also curious... are payouts on the website updated?

Yes it is $25.00 for registration. This is to register your car # and recieve points for the year.

$40.00 Race fee, this covers the car entry fee and the driver's pit pass for the night.

$25.00 Pit Pass for any others that may come into the pits, i.e. fans, pit crew members etc. This

covers the cost of insurance. And transponder rental: $15.00.

And the pay-out is current for this class.

Thank you for your inquiry, and hope to see you out here Saturday May 1st.

Hey Ken,

Do the Super Stocks still run transponders? Just curious because I didn't see the transponder rental fee listed.

I stand corrected AJ! :huh: We do still use transponders in the Super-Stocks. The ladies got me straightened out on this! :lol:

Hey Ken,

Do the Super Stocks still run transponders? Just curious because I didn't see the transponder rental fee listed.

The Super Stocks do not run transponders or racecievers at this time. If we get the car count up, we may implement this procedure.

Thanks Ken. I was just curious since I know they ran them last year (or did when we raced ours).

yea it is a neat class, but its not a cheap class and that is the biggest problem. For this class to survive for the years to come I hate to say it but the rules have got to come backwards some. The cars need dependable horsepower being made. Too much hrp costs too much money and when something breaks your done. So far this year the super stocks have been scheduled to race every week between SOS and Edna. That is hard if not impossible to race every week at both tracks no matter what class but for an expensive class where only the winner breaks even is too big of a hurdle. Also another thing that is hurting most of the dirt tracks is way too many classes. SOS is very guilty of this. 9 and 10 classes is rediculous. Houston was guility too but over the years have done well with sticking to the main 4 or 5 classes and nothing more. Quad classes, late models are simply a waste of valuable track and fan time. I hate it for those guys because they have money tied up into those cars but you will never have a car count ever build up. With the introduction of go carts at alot of tracks you are seeing people respond because its affordable the answer is right in front of both tracks.

I think the only way this class survives at both tracks is to simply race the super stocks once a month at both tracks. This may not be enough for some guys to get their racing fix. But racing alittle is better then not racing at all. 2 years ago Edna raced them once a month and they had very good car counts most of the time it was over 15 and sometimes over 20. I think the reason was they had time to recover and get their cars ready from the previous race mostly financially. Right now I37 class of these cars is worst then SOS and Edna. STS already cut the class last year. The three tracks need to get together and at the least setup a schedule so they never run this class on the same weekends. If you have at least 2 weeks between races those guys might be able to travel more too. Its going to take tracks and drivers working together and understanding this problem isnt going away unless something big changes. So stop the bleeding now and find away to get together to survive before it gets dropped altogether. But telling the drivers to show up or else isnt a long term answer at all. They will show up once or twice but you will be right back into the same problem weeks down the road. Good luck!

yea it is a neat class, but its not a cheap class and that is the biggest problem. For this class to survive for the years to come I hate to say it but the rules have got to come backwards some. The cars need dependable horsepower being made. Too much hrp costs too much money and when something breaks your done. So far this year the super stocks have been scheduled to race every week between SOS and Edna. That is hard if not impossible to race every week at both tracks no matter what class but for an expensive class where only the winner breaks even is too big of a hurdle. Also another thing that is hurting most of the dirt tracks is way too many classes. SOS is very guilty of this. 9 and 10 classes is rediculous. Houston was guility too but over the years have done well with sticking to the main 4 or 5 classes and nothing more. Quad classes, late models are simply a waste of valuable track and fan time. I hate it for those guys because they have money tied up into those cars but you will never have a car count ever build up. With the introduction of go carts at alot of tracks you are seeing people respond because its affordable the answer is right in front of both tracks.

I think the only way this class survives at both tracks is to simply race the super stocks once a month at both tracks. This may not be enough for some guys to get their racing fix. But racing alittle is better then not racing at all. 2 years ago Edna raced them once a month and they had very good car counts most of the time it was over 15 and sometimes over 20. I think the reason was they had time to recover and get their cars ready from the previous race mostly financially. Right now I37 class of these cars is worst then SOS and Edna. STS already cut the class last year. The three tracks need to get together and at the least setup a schedule so they never run this class on the same weekends. If you have at least 2 weeks between races those guys might be able to travel more too. Its going to take tracks and drivers working together and understanding this problem isnt going away unless something big changes. So stop the bleeding now and find away to get together to survive before it gets dropped altogether. But telling the drivers to show up or else isnt a long term answer at all. They will show up once or twice but you will be right back into the same problem weeks down the road. Good luck!

yeah kinda like that modified and limited series with texana sts and i-37 have a series with a point champion and all that blow it up and make it look good u know JMO :)

LAST TIME THE SUPER STOCKS RAN IT WAS GREAT RACING G. W. UNDER ME GOT MY LEFT REAR TIRE TURNED ME IN TO ERICK WHO HAD NO PLACE TO GO, GOT MY TIRE ,SHOCK,A-FRAME,BALL JOINT,RIM, BUT THATS RACING, THAT COULD HAPPEN IN ANY CLASS. ALL THAT STUFF COSTS ABOUT THE SAME. MY MOTOR HAS CHEVY HEADS ,CHEVY CRANK, CHEAP NO-NAME INTAKE HAS GOOD CARB. AND dist. WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS ALL RACING COST MONEY WHATEVER CLASS. I ENJOY RACING WITH MIKE -G.W. -ERICK -ALL SUPER STOCK DRIVERS ,BECAUSE I KNOW WHEN WE HIT THE TRACK THERE WILL BE SOME GOOD RACING - RUBBING-SIDE BY SIDE -THREE ABREAST .AND THATS FOR THE FANS. GO GETTEM LATE MODEL SUPER STOCKS.

THE "CRAZY" CAJUN

F.E."SONNY" HAMMOND

THANKS

TEXANA RACEWAY

AND OFFICIALS

Archived