Weight jackers super street thr

Ford27

Notice a car for sale that has weight jacks upfront. Since thr doesnt allow weight jacks could these be ok if welded....just a thought someone might have experience with it, and its been a while since ive messed with stock type stuff so I'm haveing a brain cramp. the 5" sprins are usally just kinda sandwhiched between the a arms right?

I have a 85 Monte Carlo that I bought that had weight jacks in the front. The person that installed the weight jacks cut just the centers out the stock mounts so I was able to cut the the center section out of another car and welded them inplace so I would have a way to mount my shocks. I have not had any problems with this set up. Hope this helps.

I have a 85 Monte Carlo that I bought that had weight jacks in the front. The person that installed the weight jacks cut just the centers out the stock mounts so I was able to cut the the center section out of another car and welded them inplace so I would have a way to mount my shocks. I have not had any problems with this set up. Hope this helps.

Unless the rules say no cutting or welding as the end result is a welded in shock mount even if it IS in the stock location.

Archived