Saturday April 17th Results

TRP

Well the weather was the big question of the day. Rain and clouds were all around. reports of 3-5 in. of rain was reported within 20 mi of the track. but the rain gods were good the racers this weekend at Texana. Receiving less that a tenth of an inch of rain on Friday afternoon the Track preparer, Ken, rolled the track in one more time and waited to see what the weather was going to do. Low and behold, NO RAIN. So racing it is. The racers were excited about the track, as it was smooth and WET! As our track typically goes dry slick, tonight was a different story, the track stayed wet and FAST. No rubber was laid down, no tires squalling in the turns, just fast racing action, sometimes three and four wide. Mini Stock driver Chase Sanchez(# 63) won his feature, Dwarf Car driver Buck Mcfarlin (#65) did a great job to take the feature win as well. Street-Stock #77 Chris Shaffer of Victoria found some competition in #35 Tony Blankenship early in the feature race. But Chris, continuing pressure on Blankenship, went to the bottom of turn 2, forcing Blakenship up high, opened the door for the pass, then took the lead, while young "shoe" Garrett Hayes, also passed the #35 car for a second place finish, with the #77 Chris Shaffer winning the feature. Hot Stock truck #43 Bob Ort looked like he was the truck to beat when mechanical troubles bit him. And the fan favorite truck #55 driven by Russell Bloom, won the Truck Feature. Bloom was there putting pressure on Ort the whole race and survived to take the win. In the Super Stock Feature all I could say is WOW! Car count was down in this class, but the action sure wasn't, three and four wide racing was happening in this class. Coming out of turn 4, Sonny Hammond, (last weeks feature winner), went high, 47 G.W. Hessong was under him, and 26F Eric Floyd on the bottom, when there was no more racing room. Three wide coming out of the turn, 47 G.W. was sandwiched in between the cars causing them to collect together. #67 Sonny ended up with a broken front left A-arm and ball joint, taking him out of the race. #26F Eric Floyd ended up with the win. Limited Mods- feature winner #87 David Kulhanek. Modified Feature win comes with !st timer at the track #2E Earl Whatley. Earl and Nick Hardcastle ran door to door for a lot of laps. Great night of racing. If you missed it, you don't want to miss the next one for sure. Check us out on Facebook!

Thanks for the report, Ken! Sounds like y'all had a good night.

I should have gone after all... I thought for sure it would be a two hour trip in the rain, so I stayed home.

Nick

Thanks for the report, Ken! Sounds like y'all had a good night.

I should have gone after all... I thought for sure it would be a two hour trip in the rain, so I stayed home.

Nick

It was a Great Night and Ken did such a GREAT Job, Several of the drivers i spoke with were VERY Happy with the Track..... Congrats to Chris (77) i knew u could do it.... and also to Bob (43) Awesome Job!!!!! :P

Nice track again Ken!

While we came home with a blown engine we did take a heat win! So not too bad of a night :-) Knowing my husband a blown engine won't keep him off the track. He will be back up and running in no time at all :-)

Nice to see everyone last night!

Good job to all the dwarf car racers!

Very nice track, smooth and fast. hats off to ya ken.

Thanks Victor. I don't know if I can keep it that way. Lol. But Im doin the best I can on it. You had a good run too. The heat race you were flying.

i sure dont want to see this class gone, even with 4 cars yall guys put on one of if not the best show saturday night. 3 wide racing was awesome and yall almost made it work!! and great comeback eric your car is mad fast!!!

thank you... you and me both dont want to see this class go, but with low car count dont know if we'll make it

Archived