Anywhere we can race our $500 roadrace car?

mikespeed95

Hi everyone!

We built this Subaru brat for the www.24hoursoflemons.com events and we were just curious if there were any classes we could run in for fun at the dirt tracks.

in short, its a 1980 subaru brat, with a mix-mash of miata/rx7 parts powered by a 130horsepower rotary engine, and converted to rear wheel drive.

we have all the safety gear, but were curious if we could come play for fun in houston or anywhere.

You might check with Neil Upchurch who runs the Texas Pro Sedan series. In the past Mr. Upchurch has allowed cars that don't quite fit the TPS rules to run on a "one time" or provisional basis.

Mr. Upchurch can be reached via email neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net or phone 210-655-3222.

Nick

was looking for dirt stuff, done all kinds of pavement stuff, and always wanted to try dirt tracks.

You might try I-37 Raceway. Your car won't fit any of their classes but they might let you play during intermission or after the races. i37raceway.com for directions and photos. Phone #210-478-0111. Come on down and watch or play.

Lasertech

i second that, call Jim and talk to him. Maybe they could let you run with the front runners, start at the back and just know that if you "win" you won't be awarded the win, something along those lines, that would be between you and the track.

was looking for a venue somewhere between i-35/i-10/i-20/louisiana. corpus is like a 7 hour drive.

what if i brought 5-10 other cars with me, how hard is it to get them to let a special class run one night? the lemons races normally have 80 or so cars per event, im sure i could talk a good bit of them into coming out for some fun. possible at all? who should i talk to?

was looking for a venue somewhere between i-35/i-10/i-20/louisiana. corpus is like a 7 hour drive.

what if i brought 5-10 other cars with me, how hard is it to get them to let a special class run one night? the lemons races normally have 80 or so cars per event, im sure i could talk a good bit of them into coming out for some fun. possible at all? who should i talk to?

Did you call Jim at I-37 in Pleasanton, TX? (210) 478-0111 He should be interested in ten cars.

Mike,

Give David Goode, owner/promoter of Texas Thunder Speedway a call. 254-289-9657. He might let you run with the Texas Twisters.

Look at this link to see if you are even close to the rules.

http://www.texasthunder.com/rules_twister.html

Also, Heart O' Texas Speedway in Waco runs the same class, with the same rules.

http://heartotexspeedway.com/

Stay safe,

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived