super street eligible cars

4cylfordz

ss pinto thats a thought .. have a 302 with a cam up at the lake ..change the springs in the front ..ad motor and go ... nah realy .a pinto already has to much nose weight ..hard to get em from being loose as it is ..we would have to move the motor back ..

The shorter wheel base can be a huge advantage, that is why they are usually not legal in street stock type classes.

Wheelbase can be a very double edged sword, the pinto caries a short wheelbase of 94" and the fox mustang of 100.4 and the fox-5 (93-04) 0f 101.3 . On a short track with high banking the short wheelbase can work as a slight disadvantage because the car will have a tendency to run closer to the bottom in the straights because the shorter the wheelbase thus limiting your ability to drive deep into the turns. In order to compensate, the pinto takes a smaller stagger in the right side vs a larger in the left (front to rear) creating an effective track that is a form of a controlled crab-walk . This is because the short wheelbase creates a tighter circle developing a case of oversteer (looseness) when coming out of the turn when attempting to drive the diamond. Therefore because the longer wheelbases buffers these factors, it makes these cars easier to maneuver out of the turns and overpower the leverage held by the short wheelbase making the slightly longer wheelbase more desirable fir driver comfort

The shorter wheel base can be a huge advantage, that is why they are usually not legal in street stock type classes.

Wheelbase can be a very double edged sword, the pinto caries a short wheelbase of 94" and the fox mustang of 100.4 and the fox-5 (93-04) 0f 101.3 . On a short track with high banking the short wheelbase can work as a slight disadvantage because the car will have a tendency to run closer to the bottom in the straights because the shorter the wheelbase thus limiting your ability to drive deep into the turns. In order to compensate, the pinto takes a smaller stagger in the right side vs a larger in the left (front to rear) creating an effective track that is a form of a controlled crab-walk . This is because the short wheelbase creates a tighter circle developing a case of oversteer (looseness) when coming out of the turn when attempting to drive the diamond. Therefore because the longer wheelbases buffers these factors, it makes these cars easier to maneuver out of the turns and overpower the leverage held by the short wheelbase making the slightly longer wheelbase more desirable fir driver comfort

for driver comfort . that i agree . gotta be a good driver to handle one of these pinto puppys with 220 plus hores power motor ...... ..Limiting your abiity to drive in deep .... that i dont agree with completly .. a good set up pinto can go in harder and deeper into a turn than any mustang ...mustang will push up or drift .but i agree a longer wheel base will help out of the turns .but with pinto.s you have much more adjustabuility in the rear . over a mustang . leaf over coil ....then again you need it ..i have built both mustangs and pintos ...they are completly different breads ..... not much of anything in set ups can you apply from a pinto to a mustang ...we built the first full time fox body mustang at cc back in 91 ... that yearwon the championship ...96 built another .. that won a championship with lalo.. but my love is a pinto ..over all they make good racecar.s .....if your a comfort driver and dont want to hang on ..a mustang is the way to go ........... btw we won a race at san antonio speedway . in a pinto running diamond ... no one else at the time could or would go there ...

A Pinto is a much better choice for a short track car.The double Control arm gives much more adjustability for the front,allowing for better roll centers,camber gain,caster split etc.The leaf springs are the best for foreward bite at this track.Leafs act like 4 pull bars working together when they wrap.Center of gravity and percentages are built in at the time of inialital building.Rear understeer is NEVER a good idea,it causes push at entry and loose at exit.A square wheelbase would be best on a smaller wheelbase.Shocks are the most important item at this track,a bouncing wheel has no traction.

Again be warned,if someone brings a different type of car and wins with it there will be protection rules added until it no longer is a winning car.This is anywhere at any track.Human nature I guess.Racers hate change.Just ask Neon Will.

I do agree a mix of cars makes the show more intresting for fans.Not everybody likes the same brands.Rules are the biggest enemy of racing shows.It quells imagination.

On another note I just pulled Thumpers engine apart and found 4 broken piston ring lands and 5 broken valve springs.New engine is under way.Should make it by summer at the latest.Might bring some RGS cars as well.RGS is closed for almost 2 months for a summer break.I cant idle that long.

I still hate writing on this thing,the ads cover 1/3 of the screen so I am writing blind.No comments from you chickenhalk,just do a good chicken dance for the CC fans.A vision they will never forget :lol: Maybe you and HOT can do a duet.

A few years ago there was a guy that raced a muestang at texana in the class that runs 10inch tires .I think it was like an 88 model he ran at STS one time and he was good down the strate away but pushed in the turns .some one raced a late 80s early 90s thunderbird in sts purestock it was a real good car you could make a super street out of one of that type of car just cut the strut like the thunders do

for driver comfort . that i agree . gotta be a good driver to handle one of these pinto puppys with 220 plus hores power motor ...... ..Limiting your abiity to drive in deep .... that i dont agree with completly .. a good set up pinto can go in harder and deeper into a turn than any mustang ...mustang will push up or drift .but i agree a longer wheel base will help out of the turns .but with pinto.s you have much more adjustabuility in the rear . over a mustang . leaf over coil ....then again you need it ..i have built both mustangs and pintos ...they are completly different breads ..... not much of anything in set ups can you apply from a pinto to a mustang ...we built the first full time fox body mustang at cc back in 91 ... that yearwon the championship ...96 built another .. that won a championship with lalo.. but my love is a pinto ..over all they make good racecar.s .....if your a comfort driver and dont want to hang on ..a mustang is the way to go ........... btw we won a race at san antonio speedway . in a pinto running diamond ... no one else at the time could or would go there ...

that is very true and i agree with you that a properly set up pinto does have more adjustment points than the mustang, however i was saying from a totally factory chassis car (as in my pinto ****No Tube Front or Rear****) those were the problems that we experienced with it. but after much tweaking we were able to get it to drive a diamond. but it was much easier to do with a mustang and i like the struts and rear four link, they are much easier to work with as well as less unsprung weight plus its what we know and have figured out more about so far. now at San Antonio speedway i dont see why that would be such a far fetched idea to run a pinto, it would in my point of view have a definite advantage over the longer wheelbased cars.

well i like the mustangs better , and you cannt say you cannt run them deep in the turns i ran mine deeper than any of the pinto s i was racing against at cc . and i think either the thunderbird oror a mustang like around 96 or up would be a great car for s s but i think it needs o bethe 101 wheelbase and there are lots of places to add weight to those cars

well i like the mustangs better , and you cannt say you cannt run them deep in the turns i ran mine deeper than any of the pinto s i was racing against at cc . and i think either the thunderbird oror a mustang like around 96 or up would be a great car for s s but i think it needs o bethe 101 wheelbase and there are lots of places to add weight to those cars

steven you drove your mustang in deeper than you did your dads pinto ..but noone in any pinto mustang .wabbit drove in further and faster than i did going into turn three ,to pass old jamie garner ...i closed my eyes and never let off the gas for one second to pass that man ..going in turn three and all the way around and passed him comeing out of four ..hugging the wall you may say ..i could not believe i made it ..but i was either going to wipe out trying .or win that race ..jamie told me after the race ..i dont hnow where you came from .but your crazy as hell .

Archived