ASCS Midwest Kicks Off 2010 with I-80 Double!

rebelracewriter

ASCS Midwest Kicks Off 2010 with I-80 Double!

Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (April 12, 2010) – The American Sprint Car Series Midwest Region kicks off an ambitious 2010 slate of events with a two-night stand at Nebraska Raceway Park’s I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE, this Friday and Saturday.

And with five different champions in as many previous years of ASCS Midwest competition, the question looms as to whether there will be a sixth champion in 2010.

Or, will Lincoln’s Jason Danley be able to successfully defend his 2009 ASCS Midwest championship?

Danley put together a string of consistent finishes to come away with last year’s ASCS Midwest crown, joining the likes of Jack Dover (2008), Natalie Sather (2007), Toby Chapman (2006) and Billy Alley (2005) as ASCS Midwest champions.

Danley also made his own little piece of history by doubling up as the ASCS Northern Plains champ last year as well, becoming the first driver to capture two ASCS Regional titles in the same year. The Northern Plains Region has been merged into the ASCS Midwest Region for 2010.

The ASCS Midwest season opening double at I-80 Speedway has historically attracted stout fields, with Billy Alley besting 44 competitors in last year’s opener and then Missouri’s Jonathan Cornell taking his first career ASCS win the following night over a 46-car field.

Giltner, Nebraska’s Chad Humston, who tried to reel in Danley for the crown despite missing one event, captured his first career ASCS win at I-80 Speedway last May, while Missouri’s Brian Brown added his fifth I-80 win in ASCS action in July.

Both nights of racing action, Friday and Saturday, are slated to get under way at 7:00 p.m.

Nebraska Raceway Park's I-80 Speedway is located in Greenwood, NE, between Lincoln and Omaha off I-80 Exit 420, then 0.4 mile north on SR 63 then west. For more information, contact the track at 402-944-2233.

The ASCS Midwest Region is slated for 23 nights of competition at ten different tracks throughout Nebraska and the surrounding areas of Missouri, South Dakota and Iowa.

In its 19th year of sanctioning Sprint Car racing, the American Sprint Car Series brings the best of Sprint Car racing to approximately 100 different tracks throughout 30 states and Canada. Anchored by the Lucas Oil Sprint Car Series presented by K&N Filters, ASCS also consists of eleven different Regions throughout the nation.

Past ASCS Regional Winners at I-80 Speedway:

7/2/09 – Brian Brown (Midwest)

5/21/09 – Chad Humston (Midwest)

4/11/09 – Jonathan Cornell (Midwest)

4/10/09 – Billy Alley (Midwest)

8/14/07 – Jack Dover (Midwest)

4/15/07 – Chuck Swenson (Midwest vs. Northern Plains)

4/14/07 – Brian Brown (Midwest vs. Northern Plains)

8/15/06 – Billy Alley (Midwest)

7/3/06 – Jake Peters (Midwest vs. Northern Plains)

4/8/06 – Brian Brown (Midwest vs. Northern Plains)

8/3/05 – Brian Brown (Midwest vs. National)

7/8/05 – Brian Brown (Midwest)

4/15/05 – Terry McCarl (Midwest)

Additional information regarding the American Sprint Car Series is available at www.ascsracing.com.

Archived