April 24th THR Pro Mods and Pro Trucks

MUmscheid 51

Practice at THR tonight looked very good - lots of cars. The updated prospective Pro Trucks list looks like this:

99 Stapp

42 Marshal

31 Albert

3 Lewein

44 Christopher

72 Bell

08 Boyett

07 Mirth

41 Roper

4 Roper

14 Reithmeyer

15 Lebaron

Hopefully a few more will show.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Roper family brought out four race cars (trucks). Here's who will be racing from the Roper bunch:

#40 Pro Modified - Craig Roper

#14 Pro Truck - Chris Roper

#4 Pro Truck - Chad Roper

#04 TSRS Late Model - Cory Roper

They had so many cars last night, we were calling their pit area "Roperville."

Anyway, it was great to see so many cars overall at the track last night. Since we do not require transponders on Friday night practice sessions, the MyLaps data doesn't even show all the cars that practiced last night. We ended up extending the practice session to 9:30P since we had so many cars still lined up to practice at dark.

On behalf of THR, I'd like to express my thanks to Michael Umscheid, Chase Stapp, Aaron Brungot and anyone else who has helped recruit cars and trucks for tonight's race. I think the fans will be pleasantly surprised with the number of cars racing in each class.

Where in Cal did you go?

Lucas Oil Speedway in Blythe.

No wonder you were not impressed. The dustbowl. Of course last time I was there it was still a 1/4 mile dirt - not clay - it was sandy desert loam and very grainy by the middle of the heats. Blasted paint off the hoods. The fans even wore goggles. We never went back either! Since being paved, I've heard it's promoted well - but it's still in the middle of the freakin desert, and the sand still blows through.

The old Mesa Marin in Bakersfield was probably the best so cal track for many years. Housing encroachment killed it off. The track was there 15 years before any homes were built - the new home buyers were aware of the track when they bought yet the first complaints came immediately. The developments weren't even as close to the track as what they are near HMP. I think Sterling Marlin still held the track record at 105mph when it finally closed. It was VERY fast - Dan Press, Rick Carrelli and Ron Hornaday were running low 16s three wide with LMs on a regular basis in the mid 80's. Lots of us that ran at Cajon really had fun there on our off weeks, even though the setup was way different.

Irwindale is now the premier short track around So Cal. I would love to run something there.

not sure about the promoting but the track itself needs lots of help and its not due to sand. The whoop-de-doos on 4 are so bad that it wore a hole in my floor pan. However I will say that the track was a fun challenge being mostly flat. It has progressive banking but still the bottom is the fastest way around. But requires the driver to have talent, so its definately not for everyone. The winner of the race had more HP than a super latemodel but was geared for a 1/2 mile track. All about finesse and he was the best at it. I learned alot, probably one of the reasons I picked up so much time at THR practice over last years time. It was a learning experiance but i also learned that the tracks arent always as nice as the web says.

14 trucks at THR! Great turnout truck racers. See you guys at the next one.

Good to see races teams encouraging their fellow teams to come out and race. Racers with a positive, helpful attitude are a blessing to any track and THR and HMP are blessed with several.

Nick

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that showed up to race in the pro mod division. I hope we can have all those that were there continue to race at THR in the future. Also, just curious as to what happened to alot of the racers that said they would be there but weren't able to make it. I know Cory had some troubles and JC had a last minute call to Monroe, LA. How about the rest? Is there anything we can do to get everyone there the next race?

Racing at THR April 24

15 umscheid

5 umscheid ?

42 long

26 Bob

10 walton

40 roper

88 hughes

44 nauman

78 baber

8 nides

3 Williams or Jason Boyd or Jerry Schild.........

9 John Heil

13 Webster....sorry Ian about your practice mishaps bud. :(

33 Morman

22 Kliewer

1 Mccurly

Still Maybes

**BOLD for the ones that made it to THR**

Archived