April 24th THR Pro Mods and Pro Trucks

MUmscheid 51

Dont be puttin the cart before the horse guys. Unfortunately its not a done deal that the 61 will be there like I thought originally. Seems that the economics of it is looking "red" in my corner. Sorry for getting some hopes up. Im still tryin but its not lookin good.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing at THR April 24

15 umscheid

5 umscheid ?

42 long

26 Bob

61 lovell

10 walton

#? roper

88 hughes

44 nauman

78 baber

8 nides

3 Williams or Jason Boyd or Jerry Schild.........

9 "The Jet"

13 Webster

33 Morman

22 Kliewer

Still Maybes

This is sounding great guys Lets turn those maybes into definitely gonna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey just thought of somthing................

Anyone heard from Mr. Jracer98????????

Did you ever find out what happened to your motor last year?

Talked to Jay last night. He won't be able to make this one - work commitments.

hey just thought of somthing................

Anyone heard from Mr. Jracer98????????

Did you ever find out what happened to your motor last year?

Here's a picture (below). That's a "first" for me. I assemble my engines and have a pretty good ear/butt-meter sense of when they are off song. The oil pump was not locked up. It was running with 20 psi coming off THR 2. That gear fell out just as you see it when I was doing the autopsy.

I got it shut down early enough to just have to cut the crank 10/10 , clean it all up and freshen the rest. Went to a new chassis dyno joint here in Dallas. That was fun. My first time on such a thing. It's damn peculiar to watch it running in place on a car "treadmill".

I work weekends and have had to stay a little closer to work "these days". Might be parked for the race season...certainly for the golf season (I am in the golf business).

Good Luck to all this year. If someone gets in a short term "tight" for a back up car or engine (2bbl) to keep up in the points, have them give me a call.

Jay

http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/forums/in...showtopic=31929

Ive seen that happen many times. Strangly enough never on a melling (the destroyed mellings at least stayed together but chewed themselves up like a dog with mange). Leading cause is TOO MUCH pressure for the volume. As the pumps moves the oil (makes pressure) it also makes heat. The coolant for the pump is of course more oil! As the heat builds the expansion of the driven rotor causes it to tighten on to the shaft - which then causes the drive rotor to over torgue the driven. The excessive load will then find the weakest point (which is always parallel to the machining). Works much like a nut splitter.

One should never put an HVHP pump on a sm block chevy unless they are 100% certain the main clearance is at least .0027 and the rods are at least .0025 - the pump needs to move the volume of oil to keep itself cool and clearances under these do not bleed off enough volume - basically if you see more than 35-40psi hot idle you have too much pump. Standard Volume HP is the way to go for most cases, the HP is to accomodate the higher temps without increasing visco demand - the large clearance engines are built that way figuring they will be torn down often enough to avoid failures so the loosiness (I coined that technical term) is acceptable. An engine built for long life has tighter clearances. And the HVHP becomes even more problematic if you have restricted the oil galleys to the lifters as the extra volume has no where to go.

WE WILL BE THERE 33 MOD, I TALKED TO ART KUNZMAN AT TMS THIS WEEKEND AND HE IS LETTING MCCURLY DRIVE THE 1 MOD, JOHN HIEL IS DRIVING THE 9 MOD, I ALSO HEARD THE 8 - 13 - 5 - 15 - 3 AND POSSIBLY OR TWO OTHER MODS WOULD BE COMING FROM HOUSTON.............GOOD LUCK TO ALL....D.G.

Racing at THR April 24

15 umscheid

5 umscheid ?

42 long

26 Bob

10 walton

#? roper

88 hughes

44 nauman

78 baber

8 nides

3 Williams or Jason Boyd or Jerry Schild.........

9 John Heil

13 Webster

33 Morman

22 Kliewer

1 Mccurly

Still Maybes

Man this is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cory, I took your name off the list. :(

Thanks, Michael, for coordinating this Pro Modified race at THR. I'm excited about a great show with so many cars . . . and we won't have to cut down the laps! We truly appreciate all the drivers stepping up to the plate to make Saturday a great night of racing!

Cory you can go race in CA. but you can't make it to thunderhill lol.are you scared lol.

Thats is Joe, Im terrified of these guys. :lol: Think next time Ill pass on California, wasnt worth the trip. :(

Cory you can go race in CA. but you can't make it to thunderhill lol.are you scared lol.

Thats is Joe, Im terrified of these guys. :lol: Think next time Ill pass on California, wasnt worth the trip. :(

Where in Cal did you go?

Archived