A Curious Matter

Budman

First I'm surprised no other pol has already done it (or more precisely that Perry would be the one to do it first) - race adv at that level is quite effective.

Second what's the deal? whether your politics agree with Perry or not does not even come into play. That is unless you also give time thought and research as to how Pepsi, coke, p&G or all of the other sponsors are run and the political slants of the members of their Boards of Directors.

They just sold the guy a fender!

love it! campaigns can spend their advertising $ how they want.....that's a good way of doing it. but it makes you wonder if perry is not trying to get is name out there broader to run for something else in 2012.

my first race car had 'take back texas' -'george bush for governor' all over it. he didn't pay me though.

Kinky Friedman had his name on Robert Richardson's car For the TX race.

While watching a Kinky Friedman political ad in his run for governor last time around, I mused to my wife ................... "Gee, I wonder if he got elected, do you suppose they would reopen the Chicken Ranch?"

He, after all, did write the original play .................. "THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS." :P

Larry L. King might take issue with that, Budman...

Rick Perry come on ???????? Bill White ????????? These are my choices I am sick of my choices I hate Republicans I hate Democrates I havent had anyone to vote for in years I have been voting against people for the last sevaral elections there is no longer a party for the working man What there is are several career politians saying and doing anything to keep there jobs and doing nothing for the people who have elected them

seeing obama is taking my money ..though i dont like him for one second and always thought he was a fake ..ill take his money on the side of my car ..

couldnt bring myself to sellout that low but

perfect place for a competitive doughnut.

Rick Perry come on ???????? Bill White ????????? These are my choices I am sick of my choices I hate Republicans I hate Democrates I havent had anyone to vote for in years I have been voting against people for the last sevaral elections there is no longer a party for the working man What there is are several career politians saying and doing anything to keep there jobs and doing nothing for the people who have elected them

My point has been made.

When Pepsi puts THEIR name on a car no one rants about how carbonated beverages are destroying our youth - the average weight of a 15 yo has increased steadily over the years thanks in part to junk food.

When a pol puts his name on a car the raves begin - and the focus shifts from racing to political beliefs.

When Pepsi puts THEIR name on a car no one rants about how carbonated beverages are destroying our youth - the average weight of a 15 yo has increased steadily over the years thanks in part to junk food.

When a pol puts his name on a car the raves begin - and the focus shifts from racing to political beliefs.

you made a hell of a point there

Ever heard a great joke and HAD to share it? Good here's one:

Barack Obama was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy'.

So our illustrious President asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'.

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy."

"No,' said Obama, 'that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not,' explained Obama. 'That's what we would call a great loss."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Obama searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: "If the plane carrying you and Mrs. Obama was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!' exclaimed Obama. 'That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well,' says Johnny, 'It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss... and you can bet your ass it's probably not an accident either."

Archived