Roy Smith, A founding member of NASKART's

n2racing2

Roy Smith, 73, one of the founding members of the NASKART Series, is in Seton hospital in Austin with Congestive Heart Failure and his kidneys are failing him. Today, he went into cardiac arrest but was revived but prognosis is not good. Roy Smith has been around racing a long time and has known Mary Ann Naumann since she was a little girl. His grand daughter, Megan Smith, with help from her father & mother, Ronnie Smith & Karen France, races in the NASKART Series along with Roy. His family is with him at this time and could use our prayers and support in these trying days ahead. I will be in touch with the family and update everyone when I can.

Mike Steinman

NASKART #16

512-496-4371

Prayers definitely going Roy's way...

He's incredibly passionate about the NASKART series...

Just got done talking to Roy a few minutes ago. Very unexpected but he was able to call me. He's hanging in there and his family is all around with him....and says the nurse is his girlfirend!! lol Anyway, he hopes to hang in there for a while and hopes to be able to go home in a few days if possible. Will still keep everyone updated.

Just got done talking to Roy a few minutes ago. Very unexpected but he was able to call me. He's hanging in there and his family is all around with him....and says the nurse is his girlfirend!! lol Anyway, he hopes to hang in there for a while and hopes to be able to go home in a few days if possible. Will still keep everyone updated.

Great news, Thanks for keeping us updated

Just a quick update on Roy. He is still in Seton Hospital on 38th st. in Austin. and he seems to be holding his own, but it still seems that his body is slowly but surely shutting down. His family has been taking care of him and been with him this whole time. But he is still ornery as ever. But he can have visitors and calls to his room. If you have the time and feel like visiting him, he is in room 341. If you feel like just calling him and shootin' the breeze with him, his room number is 512-324-1334. He will answer and be happy to receive your calls. I think it would cheer him up quite a bit! Thanks to everyone for their prayers.

Mike Steinman

Roy was moved today from Seton Hospital to a medical facility in Pflugerville where he will be staying for the next 20 days or so. When I get his new phone number and visiting times I will post them up here. Doctor says that his heart is only working at about 10% of what it should be. If his condition does not improve much while at the facility he has been moved to...he will then be moved into Christopher house in austin. A hospice facility. Please keep Roy and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Roy has been moved from Seton Hospital to a nursing facility for the next 3 weeks. Where he will be going thru rehabilitation exercises to help with his circulation and keep him moving around. To help keep his heart and kidneys working. He is doing ok at the moment staying stable but still feels weak at gets short winded with his exercises. He can receive mail and phone calls to his room there. He was smiling and very happy to learn that his granddaughter Megan Smith won her first NASKART Race this past weekend at Grandsport Speedway. He is still a racer at heart and always will be!

Here is the information on Roy and where he is.

Pflugerville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 104 Rex Kerwin Court 408A, Pflugerville, 78660

phone: 512-251-0267

Archived