Live Updates from Houston Motorsports Park, 4/10/10

NickHolt

Got a kitchen pass to go to Houston Motorsports Park this Saturday. I'll be doing the Live Updates and hopefully I can talk Duke O'Connor into packing up his TexasHighDef video equipment and meeting me at the track to put together our second Lone Star Speedzone Video segment of the season.

The Live Updates are always fun for me.. it's fast paced on my end trying to watch and type and think all at the same time, but no where near as exciting on the viewer's end since they are missing all the sights, sounds, emotions, and drama that you can only get by being at the track.

But.. if you can't make it to HMP on Saturday, check out the Live Updates. Just click here to go to the Lone Star Speedzone front page. Once there just click on "Live Updates from Houston Motorsports Park, 4/10/10 and sign in!

Or you can just click here to go directly to the sign in page.

Nick

I am planing to get over there with you. Can you check with them if it is ok for me. Does anyone know the best way over from Austin these days? (ie is there any road construction I need to know about) Sure sounds like it is going to be a blast! In more ways than one!! I have never been there and I can't wait to see it because I have heard nothing but good things about it!!

Duke

So Nick, your gonna broadcast from the kitchen? You and Duke gonna be servin out frito pie, or just consuming profits? :lol:

Ha Ha... Good one about the Frito Pie profits, Cory! I'm not very good at Frito Pie making, but I do enjoy working with someone of Duke's caliber in our ongoing efforts to support Texas racing.

Nick

290 to beltway 8 is the way I have always gone.

Should be passing 21 and 290 around 7:45 to 8 if you want you can follow us there.

Thanks allot!! That is the way I will be going. I am thinking of leaving early so I can stop along the way and do some shooting. Should be a nice ride this time of year See you there!! Duke

290 to beltway 8 is the way I have always gone.

Should be passing 21 and 290 around 7:45 to 8 if you want you can follow us there.

Thanks allot!! That is the way I will be going. I am thinking of leaving early so I can stop along the way and do some shooting. Should be a nice ride this time of year See you there!! Duke

DO the speed limit between Giddings and Brenham! PO PO be plentifull through there!!!!!!

Beautiful day here at Houston Motorsports Park.. Lots of NASCAR 360 Trucks here -- last count was 20 of them!

Duke O'Connor - TexasHighDef - spent the afternoon working with me to get some footage of some of the Truck teams, several interviews and a great interview with John Mandabach who talked about the new so-called "Madhouse Rule." John prefers not to call it that and he explains why in the interview.

I will be firing up the Live Update software in a bit so if you can't make it to the track this evening Lone Star Speedzone will be bringing you "play by play" coverage as it happens.

Check the first post in this thread for instruction on how to tune in.

Nick

Archived