The "Mike Device"

ToryC

Trying to decide where to spend your money? Speed or safety?

Well, now you can have both with the affordable "Mike Device"!

Those who have been around Texas racing or the Texas Pro Sedans are probably aware that veteran driver Mike Knotts knows a thing or two about "cost-effective" alternatives to the more "mainstream" racing products.

At the opening driver's meeting for the 2010 TPS series, Knotts unveiled such a "cost effective" alternative to the Hans Device.

The Mike Device can be used one of two ways. It comes with a heavy duty chain [not pictured] that attaches to the roll cage behind your head and then to the ultra modern "pin and clip" on your helmet. Or, for those with low roofs who are weight conscious, just discard that heavy chain and drill a hole in your roof. The ultra modern "pin and clip" will stick right through your roof, keeping your head firmly attached to your race car... no matter where your body may go!

Thanks to Dennis Taylor for building the prototype.

Helmet, roll cage attachment and spare head not included.

Disclaimer: Do Not Try This at Home! Or anywhere...

post-10304-1270471274.jpg

BUT WAIT.... If you order right now you will also get 2 extra clips AND the amazing "Bruce Device"! What is a Bruce Device? Developed by motorsports legend Bruce Mabrito utilizing his extensive background in rocket science, the Bruce Device is your best friend when that throttle sticks to the floor in the middle of the race. Super lightweight nylon rope attaches to your throttle pedal at one end and your race seat at the other end. Quick thinking on your part allows you to pull the rope and un-stick your gas pedal and saves you from needing your Mike Device. Supplies are limited so act NOW!

Mike

I think Bruce might have something there. He should design a device that fits in the seat that attaches to the rope and activates a tension spring when your butt tightens up when the throttle sticks wide open. Your device could also be used in another way. With the pin sticking through the roof it could be attached to a tether line anchored in the center of the track. Of coarse all those light poles would have to be removed first. :lol:

that is too funny.... that beats the henway by a mile!

someone actually took you seriously Tory... :lol::lol:

I thought our bailing wire in the shackle to replace a broken bolt was funny. Now that rope on the throttle pedal will sell!

Hey, while we are on the subject of driver safety devices, lets not forget the VDSU (Vertical Driver Stabilization Unit) we developed and posted on here several years ago.

Originally developed for road racing, where the driver is exposed to high lateral g-forces from either side during tight high speed cornering, we've found it is just as effective on short and long ovals as well.

During the course of a long race, belts often loosen and the driver starts to experience that troublesome "seat-slide". Our device eliminates that problem.

The VDSU is bolted squarely in the bottom of the race seat. (Some adaptation of the driver fire suit is recommended.) The VDSU comes in the deluxe model ( it comes with a supply of lubricant and can be ordered in your choice of colors.) We have also developed a new ECONOMY MODEL for those on a tighter budget. During high speed cornering the driver "GRIPS" the unit.

Here is a well known driver shown with our deluxe model. It is pictured on the counter-top to her right.

post-1274-1270489523.jpg

PICTURED HERE IS OUR ECONOMY MODEL:

post-1274-1270489578.jpg

leave it to mike with coming with something like that ..must be hanging around with nick to much .or jet lag ......... one thing good aboult mikes hans .you can always mount your antenna right to it . or just unstrap and slide out from under it ..you will never have a hard time finding your helmet =====.. mike you win the piston award .... tory has a new one for you ..

I think I would like to order a "Mike Device" as soon as I get done making copies of my Monopoly money. Will you take 3000 easy monthly installments? FYI....The money will only be printed on one side...I haven't figured out how to make double sided copies yet. I hope that will be okay. :blink:

I'm pretty sure you have to pay double if the money is only printed on one side. :D

Archived