SUBSTITUTE DRIVERS/WILDCARD DRIVERS RULE CLARIFICATION

Substitute Drivers for Kart points: If you need a substitute driver for your kart to run for your points, you & your

sub-driver must have that driver inform the series that they are running for your points at that race. POINTS GO

TO THE KART. EXCEPTIONS: If your motor breaks and there is an available kart for you to drive with another

number on it, and the owner allows you to use it to run for your points, your points will be posted under your

number. If you win the race using a borrowed kart to race for your kart points you must wear the winner's weight

on your kart for the next race at that track. If you are injured in a wreck and someone will race for your points in

their kart, they will be giving up their points for the race. If they win in their kart for your points, you must wear

the winners weight at the next race at that track.

Wild-Card drivers: A WILD-CARD DRIVER MUST INFORM THE SERIES THAT THEY ARE DRIVING FOR THEIR OWN POINTS

AND SPECIFY WHAT KART THEY WILL BE DRIVING EACH RACE. AND MUST COMPLY TO ALL WEIGHT RULES.

If you can't make a race and allow someone who does not own a kart in the series to race your kart for their own

points in the series, they get the points for their own personal number. You get NO points for that race. If they win in

your kart 1 week and race a different kart the next time at that track, the winner's weight transfers with them.

They must weigh a minumum of 470lbs with winners weight in any kart that they are driving at that track the next race.

Once you announce yourself as a wild-card driver, you are a wild card driver for the season. You cannot be a substitute driver that season.

Remember though, this takes points away from you as a series driver if they drive your kart that you would have had if they drove as a substitute driver for you using your number.

An example: Kelly Garrett drove the #18 kart in Houston this past weekend and was originally put in the kart as a substitute driver. But because she couldn't make the minum weight of 450lbs, because of not enough weight around to bring her to minimum weight, she drove as a wild-card driver. Gaining points for herself and not the #18 kart. Everyone was informed she was underweight and all agreed to allow her to race underweight. She ended up winning the main that night. So if she races as a wild-card driver again...no moatter whose kart she races in, she must make minimum weight of 450lbs at any other track but Houston. If she races at the next Houston race, she must weigh a minimum of 470lbs in ANY kart that she may be racing in. The #18 kart will be driven by Lyndon Kirk and will not have to have the winner's weight attached.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RULE, POST HERE OR CALL ME.

Thanks

Mike Steinman

NASKART #16

512-496-4371

ps: 2010 rules have been updated & posted here as well.

But wait a minute... what if I turn my ride over to the points leader at the last race of the season and then the second place driver pays me a hundred bucks to let half the air out of the tires just before the race. Do I get half the second place driver's points? And if the points leader, once he figures out what happened, punches my lights out, do we have hospital insurance for that?

Nick

But wait a minute... what if I turn my ride over to the points leader at the last race of the season and then the second place driver pays me a hundred bucks to let half the air out of the tires just before the race. Do I get half the second place driver's points? And if the points leader, once he figures out what happened, punches my lights out, do we have hospital insurance for that?

Nick

Sir, do not make me use my uber moderator skills on you... :ph34r:

:P:lol:

Sounds like you are making up the rules as you go along. Last year the 18 cart had many different drivers and ended up high in the final points. Now your saying the driver must declare who they are driving for. You are in charge, you can make the rules how you see fit, but if you want more drivers and carts to join you need to follow the rules that are written and not change them as you see fit. If she was under weight then she should not have been on the track or DQ'd. You have rules for that reason and tech staff to enforce the rules. I know cart counts are short but if you bend the rules for one you should for all. Don't change your rules on points if your afraid someone else is going to benefit from the way they are written.

I didn't agree to let anyone run light at hmp. follow the rules or stay home!With the new rules i can't defend my championship because the points will go with the 18 when I sell it. However other drivers can move carts and keep their points. No double standards.

After many discussions I have decided to keep the rules as they are. That being said, the #18 that Kelly Garrett drove at HMP on 3-27-10 has been DQ-ed for being underweight. She is eligible to be a substitute driver for anyone in the series and to drive for their points for them as needed. Points still go to the kart owner. Most of us own our own karts and drive them. Weight rules will be enforced at ALL races. No matter whose in the kart at the time.

A substitute driver is someone filling in for a kart owner/driver who may not attend an event, but the owner may still need their points for the season. So they have someone sub for them.

Exception: If a kart motor blows up at track and there is no time to fix it, and another kart is available for them to drive. Tehy may drive the available kart for their kart points. Example: Andy Taylor's motor braeaking after heat race with no time to fix it. Raced in the #20 kart for his #14 points.

This is final on this ruling.

Mike Steinman

NASKART #16

512-496-4371

Archived