Where o where are you right now...

abrungot

James huff hasnt even BEEN to a dirt track much less running one

I have still got at least one shred of sanity left

I am currently driving the #32 allison legacy at THR and at Grandsport speedway

and dont plan on changing any time soon

J HUFF

Whew...That post made me worried...I still have flat tires from the last time he was there....lol

My guess is that not many racers want to race for just trophies anymore, considering how much it cost to maintain a car. If the track put more of an incentive to get cars on the track maybe more cars would show up. Houston has $5 entry $1 beer/hot dogs maybe THR should try half price pit passes because with out cars the show won't go on :(

I agree that incentives are great, but HMP's 5 dollar entry doesnt justify a free for all on the track. I just cant see getting my car torn up just to impress the fans. Thats not racing, thats wrestling. I'll just wait for THRs races. And if THR decides to adopt the "madhouse" format, well, i'll find another hobby.

I agree that incentives are great, but HMP's 5 dollar entry doesnt justify a free for all on the track. I just cant see getting my car torn up just to impress the fans. Thats not racing, thats wrestling. I'll just wait for THRs races. And if THR decides to adopt the "madhouse" format, well, i'll find another hobby.

There's no doubt Houston's numbers are falling off probably because of the madhouse format, but if your not in it to impress the fans, why are you racing? And I don't think they should change the rules, I was just suggesting that making it a little more affordable for the racers might get some more cars on the track. like my dad would say when he was a promoter "there's an ass for every seat you just need to give them a reason to sit" and exciting racing does that not follow the leader.

Corey, just curious, but why are you convinced that the HMP format has led to a big increase in crashes?

From my perspective, the format at HMP has not led to any more crashes than we would have seen under another format. I've seen several races with only 1 or 2 cautions in the entire race.

What the format has done is add a new level of excitement to the races.

not sure were the cars are sitting ,but truely sad to see a opening night fall short of what should have been. i heard from several people in the stands and friends that they would not be back if no more cars than that were gonna show up . not really what i wanted to hear , and i hope it was mostly do to the change in schedule . im sure that played a part . this is noway bashing anyone , not the track, owners , staff etc . all great people , love going there / and it was good crowd considering those circumstances , but more cars need to start showing up, when i sold my stuff last year i was going out . but seeing the track come back for us to race there thought well better buy something to race and supprt the track the best way i know how . SHOW UP and race before this track is like some of the others we remember

It is hard for people to make a makeup race when they probaly had already made plans with their family around the race schedule! H.E & Mary Ann had to make a tough decision to cancel the races and I think they played the cards right. I think the turn out will be better on the 24th.

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Romo in 42

Bubba Gustafson in 33

my buddy chris and my other bud francis.

Archived