Lucas Oil makes long-term commitment to Litton and Nitro Jam

Lucas Oil makes long-term commitment to Litton and Nitro Jam with three-year deal

NORWALK, Ohio (March 30, 2010) – With interest in the Nitro Jam series at an all-time high IHRA is pleased to announce that Lucas Oil has agreed to a new three-year deal with Bruce Litton that will keep Litton and his popular Lucas Oil Slick Mist Top Fuel dragster in the spotlight as a key component of the new Nitro Jam format.

Forrest Lucas, owner of Lucas Oil and an influential person within the motorsports industry, says both Litton’s performance and the success of the new Nitro Jam series were both key factors in the decision.

“Bruce was our first Top Fuel guy that we ever sponsored so we have been with him since the beginning. He is a good personal friend and he always treats everyone fair. I am glad we can do this,” Lucas said. “He is as reliable as anyone and always has his equipment in good shape. In that respect he is good for both of us – he puts on a good show and we get to be a part of that.

“We have a lot of representation over in NHRA and he is our representation over in IHRA, which has its own following. IHRA also has a new format that looks like it is going to be really successful and Bruce should be a star within it.”

Litton, who is fifth all-time in Top Fuel victories, has been with Lucas for 14 seasons, but had had only one multi-year deal prior to this season, that being a two-year deal signed following his IHRA Top Fuel World Championship in 2007

“It is very exciting. All of my deals except for one have been one year deals and to get a three-year deal in today’s economy is a big boost to our morale and a good shot in the arm. It makes us feel like Lucas Oil products has faith in us,” Litton said. “We go out and try to represent our sponsor in the best possible way. This is our 14th year with them so it means that it will be on the car the rest of this year and for the 15th and 16th years as well.

“It is really cool and I am very excited about it. Sponsorships are hard to get and to be sponsored by a company that is not only nationally known, but known worldwide is unbelievable.”

Litton’s relationship with the Lucas family goes back the beginning of the Lucas Oil franchise and has led to one of the longest and most successful ongoing sponsorships in motorsports today.

“When I first started with them they were a newer company and I have watched them grow to what they are today. Even the things that they do that don’t involve the automotive industry such as Lucas Oil Stadium, which is home of the Indianapolis Colts, is pretty amazing. I have seen them grow and they are everywhere now,” Litton said. “I take pride in that because I have been a part of that. It is a family run business and it is really cool to see them succeed like they have.”

In his career Litton is in the top five in nearly every statistical category with 50 final round appearances, 17 wins and a championship coming in 2007.

Litton is also a key part of the new Nitro Jam program which replaces traditional qualifying and eliminations with a Chicago-style format that rewards individual performance and crowns a different winner each night. The new format is also run within a fan-friendly timeframe and features additional racing and exhibitions to enhance the spectator experience.

Through two events the new format has been a huge success with large crowds and close, competitive racing.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact: Larry Crum

(419) 660-4213

lcrum@feldinc.com

Lucas Oil makes long-term commitment to Litton and Nitro Jam with three-year deal

NORWALK, Ohio (March 30, 2010) – With interest in the Nitro Jam series at an all-time high IHRA is pleased to announce that Lucas Oil has agreed to a new three-year deal with Bruce Litton that will keep Litton and his popular Lucas Oil Slick Mist Top Fuel dragster in the spotlight as a key component of the new Nitro Jam format.

Forrest Lucas, owner of Lucas Oil and an influential person within the motorsports industry, says both Litton’s performance and the success of the new Nitro Jam series were both key factors in the decision.

“Bruce was our first Top Fuel guy that we ever sponsored so we have been with him since the beginning. He is a good personal friend and he always treats everyone fair. I am glad we can do this,” Lucas said. “He is as reliable as anyone and always has his equipment in good shape. In that respect he is good for both of us – he puts on a good show and we get to be a part of that.

“We have a lot of representation over in NHRA and he is our representation over in IHRA, which has its own following. IHRA also has a new format that looks like it is going to be really successful and Bruce should be a star within it.”

Litton, pictured above with Lucas Oil founder Forrest Lucas, signed a three-year deal with Lucas Oil earlier this week.

Litton, who is fifth all-time in Top Fuel victories, has been with Lucas for 14 seasons, but had had only one multi-year deal prior to this season, that being a two-year deal signed following his IHRA Top Fuel World Championship in 2007

“It is very exciting. All of my deals except for one have been one year deals and to get a three-year deal in today’s economy is a big boost to our morale and a good shot in the arm. It makes us feel like Lucas Oil products has faith in us,” Litton said. “We go out and try to represent our sponsor in the best possible way. This is our 14th year with them so it means that it will be on the car the rest of this year and for the 15th and 16th years as well.

“It is really cool and I am very excited about it. Sponsorships are hard to get and to be sponsored by a company that is not only nationally known, but known worldwide is unbelievable.”

Litton’s relationship with the Lucas family goes back the beginning of the Lucas Oil franchise and has led to one of the longest and most successful ongoing sponsorships in motorsports today.

Litton and Lucas Oil have been partnered together for over 14 years.

“When I first started with them they were a newer company and I have watched them grow to what they are today. Even the things that they do that don’t involve the automotive industry such as Lucas Oil Stadium, which is home of the Indianapolis Colts, is pretty amazing. I have seen them grow and they are everywhere now,” Litton said. “I take pride in that because I have been a part of that. It is a family run business and it is really cool to see them succeed like they have.”

In his career Litton is in the top five in nearly every statistical category with 50 final round appearances, 17 wins and a championship coming in 2007.

Litton is also a key part of the new Nitro Jam program which replaces traditional qualifying and eliminations with a Chicago-style format that rewards individual performance and crowns a different winner each night. The new format is also run within a fan-friendly timeframe and features additional racing and exhibitions to enhance the spectator experience.

Through two events the new format has been a huge success with large crowds and close, competitive racing.

Litton’s Lucas Oil Slick Mist Top Fuel Dragster is one of the most recognizable race machines on the Nitro Jam tour.

“From what I understand it looks like the IHRA has a hit on their hands. They are obviously pretty smart about what they are doing. They have a lot of experience in the entertainment business so I wasn’t a bit surprised that the format would work,” Lucas said. “There is nothing wrong with it at all; it is just a different way of deciding a winner.

“In the long run you have a lot of people that can’t come for the weekend, but they want to come for one good night or one day so this works well for them. I say good for the IHRA, it looks like they have a winner there.”

Adding to the excitement is the fact that Litton is coming off of his first win of the season and his first under the new format earlier this month in Louisiana, an experience he says he won’t soon forget.

“It was thrilling. The format is new for everyone and the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Look at the turnout at the first two races. It is a family oriented type of format where people can come and watch the entire program from start to finish in a matter of hours,” Litton said. “The more concentrated time frame is good for, not only Lucas Oil, but for all sponsors that get involved because it zeros in on their target of when their crowd is going to be there.”

Litton also recently unveiled a brand-new paint scheme and team uniforms featuring the new Lucas Oil Slick Mist line of products, an exciting new look to accompany the new deal.

“This is something I have always dreamed about and now that it has become a reality it is really cool. It is a great deal for everyone involved from my team to IHRA to Lucas Oil,” Litton said. “I couldn’t be any prouder.”

Archived