Newman's # 39 Tornados Chevrolet Show Car at I-37

NASCAR Star Ryan Newman's # 39 Tornados Chevrolet Show Car Will Be at I-37 Raceway Saturday Night, April 3, 2010

Pleasanton – Tornados, sponsors of Ryan Newman's # 39 NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet, will be bringing one of Newman's Sprint Cup show cars to I-37 Raceway this Saturday night, April 3, from 3:30 pm until 7:30 pm. The track is opening the spectator gate at 3:00 pm instead of the usual 5:00 pm to give spectators time to look over the car, get their pictures taken and try samples of the Tornados, described as a burrito/taco type food.

It's a great chance for fans to get close to a real NASCAR Sprint Cup car and see how they are built, one that doesn't happen often in south Texas even during times like these when the teams bring show cars down to help promote the race at Texas Motor Speedway for the Sprint Cup event. It's scheduled for April 18, about two weeks from now.

Tornados are sponsoring Newman's Sprint Cup car for nine races this year as well as being on board both Newman's and Tony Stewart's cars as associate sponsors for the rest of the year.

"We are trying to go to venues other than the NASCAR Sprint Cup races to market our product," said Deana Blanchard, who works in the marketing department at Stewart-Haas Racing in Kannapolis, North Carolina. "We do not sell anything, we give out samples of the Tornados to whomever wants to try them."

I-37 Raceway is on I-37 just south of Pleasanton and is an easy cruise even from north San Antonio and Boerne down 281 and I-37. From the south you can take Exit 104, the Leal Road Exit, then cross over I-37 to go south about two miles on the two-way access road. If you miss it, or are coming from the south, take the McCoy Exit and go north on the access road to the track.

Archived