A few THR pit pics from Saturday, 3/27/10

NickHolt

Snapped a few pics at THR yesterday, mostly of the TSRS cars but also of a few folks I bumped into along the way...

post-3-1269831429.jpg

Mary Ann and H Naumann. Two of the best folks there are...

post-3-1269831510.jpg

Terry Tschoerner and Chris Birmingham share a smile before the races

post-3-1269831611.jpg

Randy working away on the damaged Colin Alexander Legacy

post-3-1269831652.jpg

Duke from TexasHighDef does some great work

post-3-1269831730.jpg

Kris Kerr wasn't running his Legacy due to a soccer injury. That's his dad and loyal crew.

Here's a few of the TSRS Late Models

post-3-1269831865.jpg

Austin Self's nice looking ride. He was off running a Kart event and missed this one

post-3-1269831931.jpg

Robert Barker's winning Ford ride

post-3-1269831959.jpg

Bobby Teer was not far behind and finished a strong second

post-3-1269832254.jpg

Larry Bendele says he "Trying out some new technology" in this car

post-3-1269832104.jpg

Jeff O'Neill is working the bugs out of his LM but will be strong in no time

i saw you wandering around with ur camera nick..and u didn't even say hello :( (jk...)

last night was a blast! had a great time, but 'cept for the whole low sport-mod count...that was disappointing, but the rest of the show was great!

thanks to maryann & the crew for a fun night of racing!!

Wandering? Wandering? Heck no, I was on a mission looking for potential Lone Star Speedzone advertisers! LOL

I'm pretty confident that the SportMod class will grow at THR. Several dirt track limited modified teams have talked with me about what it would take suspension-wise to get a dirt car to handle on asphalt. The answer is always the same... not much. Add a sway bar and play with spring rates and roll centers for a while and you're ball park.

I think most are just waiting to see if the the class looks like it will survive after HMP decided to remove them from their schedule.

Nick

Great Shots Nick. I would like to give a quick shout out to our "New Driver" Andrew Woolf in the Mini-Stock class. This was Andrew's debut at THR and we are all extremely proud of him. The mini stock class is growing and it is good to see new drivers in all the classes. It was a great night and it looked like a great crowd in the stands. Too bad we gotta wait a month to race again. Thanks to Mary Ann & all the staff at THR for a great Saturday Night. Lenny66 B)

Archived