Sad news about Donna Burow

debwill

I'm sorry to share the news that Donna Burow passed away early this morning, around 1:00 a.m.

Donna received a kidney transplant several years ago, and she was on anti-rejection medication that weakened her immune system. Donna was hospitalized with pneumonia in December, but she was released in time to attend the THR banquet in January. She was hospitalized again a couple of weeks ago due to a tumor on her lungs. She was on the road to recovery following surgery last Monday, but she took an unexpected turn for the worse last night.

Donna's 48th birthday was coming up soon - on April 24 - which is the next scheduled race at Thunderhill Raceway. She was planning to attend that race to hopefully watch her sons win their races that night in honor of her birthday.

Donna was a passionate racing fan whose family was very involved in racing for many years. She watched Larry (Reeves) race his #58 Grand Stock at San Antonio Speedway for several years, and her youngest son, Larry, Jr., won almost every bike race at SAS and THR.

Patrick Burow currently drives the #58 Thunder Stock at Thunderhill Raceway, and he won the Thunder Stock Rookie of the Year title last year. Donna was so proud of Patrick's title, and she was so excited to see him honored at the banquet. She had made it out to the track for a couple of the Open Test-n-Tune sessions to see Larry Jr. take some practice laps in his #94 Grand Stock that he planned to race this year at THR.

Services are still pending, and I will share more information when I hear back from Donna's family.

On behalf of the Thunderhill Raceway staff, I offer my sincere sympathy to the Burow family during this very difficult time. We hope you know that the racing community is here for you.

I was so impressed with the togetherness this family shared with us last season, how proud Donna was of Patrick and Larry Jr. no matter what they did really showed us all how racing is so much a family outing.. the loss is so unfortunate not only for the family but for the racing family we all share ... my thoughts and prayers are with Larry, Patrick and Larry Jr. Glad to say my last moment with all of them together was when Larry drove the 58 car to victory lane @ Crashfest... that was pretty damn cool, all of them together happy as a family doing what they loved..

burow family, we are so sorry to here about donna, she love racing in every aspect. patrick and larry jr. come over to our pit area to visit and always, checks to see how we are doing, they have plenty of respect for other people and have always been so kind. larry sr. and donna must be proud of there boy's ( young men ). we will pray for their family that GOD will give them love and peace in their hearts, so sorry to here this bad news. del harris/ james and janette huff

After Rodney shared his Crash Fest memory, I dug through my pictures and found this great family shot from Crash Fest.

post-3-1269829501.jpg

Pictured: Larry Reeves, Jr., Patrick Burow, Larry Reeves, Sr., and Donna Burow (photo by Jeff Garvin)

I'm so sorry my thoughts and prayers go out to yall....

i was thinking and praying that she was on the road to recovery.

my prayers to larry , larry jr. and patrick.

wow...i remember talking to donna at a race some time last year...although, i had no idea who she was. we just happened to be standing next to each other and struck up a conversation...

it was a joy to visit with her..

i'm sorry to hear this news and our prayers go out to her family...

This is very sad news I wish we could say something to make it better but i know we can't. Last year we had a great time with you guys and enjoyed piting next to yall she will be missed alot. If there is anything you guys need just let us know.

The Reed family / Cody and Marcia /everybody in the Grand Stock Pits. :(

Our sympathy and prayers go out to the Burow's family in the loss of Donna. May God take her in his arms and accept another angel into heaven. God Bless and remember all the wonderful memories you shared with Donna.

Joyce and Larry Walton

Patrick and Larry Jr,

We were so sorry to hear about your mom yesterday. I was so happy when you told me that she was doing better and was looking forward to seeing her at the next race. If you need anything please do not hestitate to ask. We will do what we can. Our prayers are with you.

Lori & Richard Fitch

We here at Rohmer Racing are deeply saddened by the untimely loss of Donna. Our hearts and prayers go out to the Burrow Family and the Reeves Family. May the Lord give you strength and help raise your spirits and help guide you in your time of need.

Little Larry, Larry Sr. and Patrick, let us help in any way we can.

Larry Sr and Jr and Patrick, I am very sorry for your loss. Will miss Donna at the races. We all know she is in a better place and lets all pray that we can all join her again some day.

Archived