great race last night go-karts way to go the children are fun to watch and for quads way to go jim you need to be applauded these guys was moving sos you have great staff and facility hope this keeps growing and stock cars and farm trucks also was great it looks like 2010 will be as good or better than 09 cant wait to get back and watch some racing.

Get rid of intermission and please try starting on time. If drivers cant get to the track on time then that should be their problem not pushing the show back. Getting into the pits and collecting money was a long adventure. Track was "awesome" great job getting it prepped and worked. I am sure the first week issues w new people will get tweeked out. Tech man and helper were "awesome"! First they obviously knew what to do, had it planned out and was ready. Second he was very efficient and got to work quickly and last but the part I liked the most is they were no nonsence about how they carried themselves. They were working and got busy when it was their time and treated us with alot of respect. I cant tell you how wonderful of an experience that was in pretech and after race tech. They checked several things, I was dog ass tired and they did it all for me, much much appreciation and please hold onto these guys at whatever costs!

Had a good time. Broke the car in with some fender straightening to do, but we'll get er done. Something that stood out to me that I wanted to note was what a huge amount of increased respect I gained for Ken (new Texana promoter). Ken was in the booth announcing with Jim. I am tremendously impressed with Ken and love how he and Jim work together on the mics. I would be hard pressed to recall something where the promoter of one track was hands on helping the promoter of another track. This speaks volumes about both Ken and Jim. Huge respect from me.

Ken,

Your one great asset to racing and what you do to help local racing has without a doubt gained my respect for you as a person. My hat is off to you Sir! It is selfless acts like that, that weave the fabric of a community together. See you soon.

Victor

A BIG thanks to Jim for letting Joseph run his dwarf car last night when his would not start! Joseph really appreciated it greatly!!!!!!!!!!! (now his wife that is a whole nother story that I am going to have to talk to you about Jim LOL)

Ken and Jim LOVED how you both were announcing together last night!

LOVED watching the go cart kids. How fun they got trophys too!

See yall at Texana next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rain stay away!

Thank you guys for all the kind words. It is so humbling to hear them coming from the racers and fans! It was an extreme pleasure to work with Jim and I hope to do it again in the future. I want to thank Jim for the opportunity to help him and announce. I once thought it would be a conflict of interest to be seen and heard at SOS. But I realize my compassion to see racing in this area is too strong and I am doing this to help keep racing alive in the Coastal Bend area! It is for the racers and spectators that I decided to take on being the promoter of Texana Raceway Park. And a lot of racers that race at SOS also come to Edna too. And for that I thank you. Jim I know you will be looking at this, And I must say, It was and "will" be a pleasure to announce with you. See you again soon. And to everyone, May you have a great week and hope to see you this Saturday.

Thank you guys for all the kind words. It is so humbling to hear them coming from the racers and fans! It was an extreme pleasure to work with Jim and I hope to do it again in the future. I want to thank Jim for the opportunity to help him and announce. I once thought it would be a conflict of interest to be seen and heard at SOS. But I realize my compassion to see racing in this area is too strong and I am doing this to help keep racing alive in the Coastal Bend area! It is for the racers and spectators that I decided to take on being the promoter of Texana Raceway Park. And a lot of racers that race at SOS also come to Edna too. And for that I thank you. Jim I know you will be looking at this, And I must say, It was and "will" be a pleasure to announce with you. See you again soon. And to everyone, May you have a great week and hope to see you this Saturday.

it speaks for itself ken you will never understand how much it means to me along with eveyone else knowing you are helping announce at sos now lets everyone show are appreciation and shoe ken and texana we will support his track in every way so he can have a smooth transition in running a track ken step back and take a big breath you are a great man to do what you are doing its good to see two promoters from different tracks working together

From what I hear I do think maybe the officials need to clarify what happens when you black flag a car verses disqualifying a driver. Those are two totally different things. If a car gets black flagged for causing 2 cautions he should simply be parked "black flagged" but he should still be paid and rewarded points for his finishing position not be disqualified. Disqualification should only be for rough driving or unsportsmanlike conduct. As for a driver getting out of his car accidentally come on he wasnt getting into a fight so cut the guy some slack and give him a one time warning. He shouldnt loose his points and money if that was the case.

From what I hear I do think maybe the officials need to clarify what happens when you black flag a car verses disqualifying a driver. Those are two totally different things. If a car gets black flagged for causing 2 cautions he should simply be parked "black flagged" but he should still be paid and rewarded points for his finishing position not be disqualified. Disqualification should only be for rough driving or unsportsmanlike conduct. As for a driver getting out of his car accidentally come on he wasnt getting into a fight so cut the guy some slack and give him a one time warning. He shouldnt loose his points and money if that was the case.

That is a great point Danielsen!!!

Oh by the way I know from past experiences at other tracks its easy to take comments made on this board as bitching! So before anyone thinks anything like that let me be real clear. Shady Oaks is a premier facility and is run by some of the best people I have had the pleasure of racing for. I have all of their direct phone numbers however some things are best said so everyone can have the pleasure of reading their answers. I dont race nor am I part of a racing event unless I agree with how its promoted and what the management stands for, PERIOD! Shady Oaks Speedway is for winners and there are alot of them there and many more to come. Of course not everyone had their best experience this past weekend but thats the case with every single race track in the USA so take your issues to those in charge and give them a chance to step up, explain and move forward. See ya guys in two weeks to try again. I got no damn brakes and how I kept from hitting Shaffer each lap was pure luck so I got to get to work on them so I can knock off alittle more built up rust that I still have!

i surely would have loved to at least, gotten my points for the night, it really puts me behind the eight ball, in that sense, double points for that night, last place points are better than none when you are going to try to win a championship but it is what it is, going to be tough now, not complaining just disapointed se you on the 10th thanks waddy

i surely would have loved to at least, gotten my points for the night, it really puts me behind the eight ball, in that sense, double points for that night, last place points are better than none when you are going to try to win a championship but it is what it is, going to be tough now, not complaining just disapointed se you on the 10th thanks waddy

I agree completly waddy... I'm in the same boat with ya! But honestly... I had an issue last year to with a call that the flag men had to make at the time, and they made that right by me. That's one of the main reasons that I love racing at Shady Oaks! It's hard to go back and undo right away, but now that things have calmed down I really hope for both of our sake that they will take into consideration the extenuating circumstances especially since it was double points night.

I also want to thank you for assisting us/Jim on race nights as some things that went I could not have done without you. Again THANK YOU!!

Brian

Archived