Opening night!

I just want to wish everyone luck on opening night for the 2010 season. I personally think it will be bigger and better than ever before with all the changes going on. I have been going to SOS since I was a child and have always loved the track and the racers. If things go as planned I should be out racing there for my first time this year. I worked as part of the staff there last year and met alot of great people with huge hearts and love for racing. Bryan has done an excellent job with the shoes he filled. As for you jim...we are all pulling for you and wont stop. You have brought back a family tradition to the Goliad area and done a wonderful job getting one of the best dirt tracks back up and running. With all this said, I hope everyone has a great season and I cant wait to hear the noise come saturday night.

I would like to second that. I too will be bringing a new race truck to the track and this is also my first race car /truck. I am excited about the new season and seeing Jim where he belongs, behind the mike and in front of the crowd! Brian, and Laurie have done an outstanding job while Jim was out and continue to keep ShadyOaks one of the finest race facilities in Texas....Thanks for providing us with the chance to be part of this crazy sport we all love.

We too are ready for this weekend. Got the new car all cleaned and ready for an opening night. We are excited to have facilities where our 15 year old female driver can participate in something she enjoys on a Saturday night and it just happens to be where I am as well. She'll be learning as she goes by running with the big uns and taking each night as a learning opportunity trying her best to stay out of trouble and learn with each lap. Learning in racing is so much more than just how to drive, there is learning in how to deal with adversity, how to be a good sport, and various other lessons that we can share, and for that we are thankful for the facilities in our area and thankful to those running them...-Monty

Archived