LSS Photo Contest winner announced

NickHolt

The Newstreamz staff has picked the winning picture which was taken at Thunderhill Raceway by Nancy Kerr.

post-3-1269447841.jpg

"This picture captures the intensity and the drama always present behind the scenes in racing," said one of the judges. "Not only that, but the use of onlookers shoulders to frame the drama implies that there is a crowd eagerly awaiting the results of whatever test the official is performing."

"Whoever took this shot knew what they were looking for and caught it perfectly. The lighting, the framing and drama all come through to tell an interesting story," commented one other judge.

Of course, those who race either at Thunderhill or Houston Motorsports Park know that the official pictured is Jack Sanderfur.

Congrats to Nancy. And the check is not in the mail because I need your address.

Nick

Runner-Up pic was taken by Gerald Fischer (PAPA) at Comanche Park in San Antonio last spring as his daughter (Anokha Fischer) tried out a QM for the first time.

post-3-1269448801.jpg

"The adrenaline is still flowing and you can almost hear this young lady saying, "Whao! That was FUN!" was one of the comments made about this pic.

"This is the sort of photo that allows the viewer to get involved with the emotions present," was another comment. "The roll bars frame the youngster in an interesting way and the hand of the adult on the left side adds yet another point of interest. Is the man her father and is he smiling right along with his daughter? Or is it someone else wanting to enjoy this special moment with the driver?"

Gerald is a regular contributor here on Lone Star Speedzone. Congrats PAPA!

Thanks!!!!! She is my Angel. She didnt get the $50 (we would have given it to LSS anyway) but she is proud to be put in the spot light just the same. Now....if I can just get her car finished.Here is what it looks like so far.

post-3-1269463822.jpg

Third place goes to Tory Christopher who took this shot at Thunderhill Raceway during one of the kids' races during intermission.

post-3-1269452119.jpg

"This is a study in contrasts," one judge said. "The violence and intensity of racing that is visible in the retaining wall contrasts sharply with the innocence and awe in the face of the boy. But the helmet speaks of a day when that young man will be adding to the tire marks on the wall.

"And the various shades of gray pop that red steering wheel out nicely. And the same people who came to watch the V-8's scream are watching the opposite end of the spectrum with equal attentiveness."

Tory has taken some amazing pics that we all have enjoyed here in the forums and this one is a prize winner!

all great pic.s tory took some great pic.s at my sons baseball game in sa last night .before we could get home .he had already sent them to us ...his were alot better than the ones i took .tory has a way of finding the emotions in a persons face .. ......way to go all .and thanks tory ..we owe you ...

I probably would have chosen pics that showed racing action. For instance, Chris David took some of some sprint car action that were really good. But I can really see why the top three were chosen. They all told a story that people can identify with...

Bobby and Rodney - the Tower Talkers - will probably get on here and demand a recount because if any of those pics told a true story, the one of them in drag certainly did.... LOL

Nick

I try to tell people daily that my involvement in racing is more than driving in circles... 1 picture can only show a tiny piece of it.

All of those pics certainly tell a story & I am glad the Judges looked deeper into the pictures than face value...

I say we start another thread for the 2010 season and pin it up top so we can keep adding.. let’s give them the whole Story this time!!

NUMBER ONE .PIC .TELLS ME THE MAN IS DOING HIS JOB ..THE DRIVER HOPES HE ISNT GOOD AT IT ..

NUMBER TWO .TELLS ME WOW .CAN I HAVE ONE ...

NUMBER THREE TELLS ME ..PAPA IS BROKE .SHE GOT ONE ..

AND NUMBER FOUR ...TELLS ME . DAD THE HORN DONT WORK.

NUMBER ONE .PIC .TELLS ME THE MAN IS DOING HIS JOB ..THE DRIVER HOPES HE ISNT GOOD AT IT ..

Excellent!!!!!

Excellent!!!!!

THANKS ..THE PIC.S TELL A STORY NO CAR RUNNING AROUND THE TRACK CAN TELL .THIS IS MORE PERSONAL ..AND I THINK THEY ARE PERFECT ..

I've got the perfect caption for the winning picture. Actually, this picture was taken in the future ..... this Saturday night.

Caption reads:

"Sevilla busted again! I don't care that it was below freezing this week. Another TI for you. Your antifreeze solution was only 5%, but that's enough for a TI. Hand over the trophy."

P.S. Jack could probably bust all of us this Saturday! :o

No Ethylene-Glycol or antifreeze type coolants are allowed in a race car while on the track.

1. "Water Wetter™" may be added to the radiator water to improve engine cooling.

2. Water may be used without additives as an engine coolant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived