HRH gets closer to opening day in 2010

First off let me give recognition to 5-T Utilities out of Huntville for delivering the dirt equipment needed for prepairing the track. Raybo Twardeski and family are some really good people for going out of their way to help HRH like this...KUDDO'S

For the 2 days prior to yesterday's rain we (Tim Sikorski, Wayne Brown and myself) worked on the track with a maintainer, sheepsfoot, and pnuematic compactor getting as much clay back onto the track from the infield and getting the track to a raceable surface. I took my camera to take pics of the progress but didn't realize that the battery was low so only pics from early on were taken. I did manage to take a few with my phone and forwarded a couple of pics to a few of you who's number I have.

In talking to Wayne Brown, he said that the dirt equipment was what was keeping him from moving forward in opening in 2010. The uncertainty of getting the necessary equipment to work the track was stressing him out more than anything else. Now that he has it at the track and the track is now back to it's old configuration he is confident that he will be open for business hopefully sometime in June.

He will be having a few play days to raise money and this will give racers a chance to try out the track and spectators will be welcomed to check out what's happening. He hopes to have the first playday this coming weekend so I will keep you informed if you want.

It's great to see volunteers standing up and coming forward. That's what it's going to take to get things off the ground at Hot Rod Hill - people with a love of racing and the willingness to put that love to work.

Nick

Archived