Lake Pensacola

debwill

I'm in the Naumann RV, headed to Pensacola after taking a gambling detour in Lake Charles last night. We're seeing lots of standing water, and I just received the picture below from Jamie Fuller who is already at the track.

The picture below is taken at the end of the straightaway going into Turn 3. Although the track isn't too bad, the infield is flooded from the Tech Shed all the way to the track. No rigs are being parked yet.

It does look like the rain is headed east, and the forecast looks okay for the next few days (cold but partly cloudy).

Pardon any typos - bumpy Louisiana roads!

post-29-1259775973.jpg

I just stopped raining here in NW Florida about an hour ago. It is supposed to clear up, but the temps are going to drop quite a bit. It is supposed to be nice for the weekend though, at least no rain in the forecast... as of yet, but this is Florida and we do get lots of rain.

Tim

Although it's still cloudy as we go through Louisiana, I've been getting updates from Jamie. He says the sun is shining, and they are now starting to park the rigs. Let's go racing!

It looks like everything is a "go" for this weekend. We just left the track, and the rigs have been parked in the infield, etc. The sun was out when we arrived in Pensacola, and the weather looks like it will be okay for the next few days. Saturday will be colder and windy, but there's not much chance of rain.

I'll continue to post updates (and pictures) for the next few days on LSS, with my focus on the Texas drivers.

Archived