Debating what to do

JUMPSTER93

I have a complete race ready metric monte carlo that I race on dirt. I am debating whether it is worth it to be a legal Thunder Stock at THR or not.

The car has a 350 with a powerglide, a locked rear end, and weighs 3050 lbs with me in it. I know the rules say no locked rear ends and 3400 lbs. I would also have to buy new tires and probably switch the cam out to a solid cam because it has a small hydraulic cam in it to be competitive.

Tell me what you think. Like I said I can go race this car on dirt as it is.

First of all, we'd like to welcome you as a new driver at Thunderhill Raceway.

Shown below is a link to the Thunderhill Raceway 2009 Thunder Stock rules:

THR 2009 Thunder Stock Rules

Very few (if any) changes will be made to these rules for 2010.

We're having a Drivers' Meeting at THR on Saturday, December 12, at 2:00 p.m. for 2010 registration, announcements, distribution of rules, etc. In the meantime, specific questions may be directed to Jack Sandefur, the THR Technical Director, at 512-281-5489.

in thr's favor...if you decide to go that route and make it a legal thunderstock, you will get to race every week they are racing and will be on the same track consistently which will build familiarity to it...just another point to think about...

Try it as is it but also make sure to put the sway bar back in if you took it out... I took a good car from THR to I-37 without having to change anything in the suspension... 6:20 final should be good... If you want to run a 9" you can in that class and that will help add some weight for you and it adds it lower to the ground...You may want to move some of your lead , if you have any, around lower to the ground and over to the left side... Main thing is if your comfortable with the handling of the car then do it... As for tires you can usually run pulloffs and not have much of a tire bill and still have success... Just make sure you get the stagger that you feel comfortable with...

Marc

Archived