TMS Program

blueoval

I see Loy Allen, who finished 36th, Ron Esau from California who finished 7th, Page Jones who ran 39th in the Bobby Jones T bird out of Houston, Herschel McGriff who ran 4th behind Waltrip, Schrader and Tim Steele.

Also H.B. Bailey, who ran 35th, Bob Brevak who ran 10th,

I was there this past weekend (TWS), if you go to the front gate at the ticket booth there is a sign where they honored the Western Auto passes for the Western Auto Shootout II. Took me back many years goin to see the old place... big shout out to the guy workin the tunnel @ turn 1. He told me to drive in and look around as long as I wanted, told him my dad used to take me there in my younger years! he said, "I heard they used to really live it up here"...... what do say TXTOM?????????? or Nick????? :rolleyes:

I saw the Aggieland Inn is now something else, Manor House I think... The Ramada looks different, unless its a different one. I remember from Texas Aveniue to the track was wide open.... not no mo! You drive along HWY 6, pleanty of scenery and there she is on the right!

I haven't been there since 91, but I bet if the fountain is still there they really need someone to clean it with soap. Only bubles could tell the story.

I swear that was Tom with with the bubbles... I don't know nuttin about no bubbles..

And I don't know nuttin about no engine rebuild in no stinking hotel room (they really ought to make those bed frames stronger and provide some solvent or something to clean several quarts of racing oil out of the carpet) or getting thrown out of some nightclub just because - well, I can't remember exactly why. Or drinking Tom Williams under the table to the point he barfed in the race car during the race the next day... I'm innocent I tell ya!

Nick "No Bubbles" Holt

We did the fountain soaping once up there..or maybe twice..............

The best was when the Fire Department showed up to wash away the foam, which by that point has billowed out onto Hwy 6. They hit that foam with the high pressure, and the stuff blew up like a mushroom cloud. They eventually were down to one lane each way on Hwy 6 on a Saturday night....................

Amazing what 5 gallon size bottles of liquid laundry soap can do.

Poor ol' Nick is showing his age; He can't be that forgetful about furniture in the pool (although I think that one may have actually been in Mexico), engine rebuilds in hotel rooms, and a lot more.

I still have vivid memories of my friend Bobby Caulfield's ex-wife winning the wet t-shirt contest after getting bombed on cheap wine during the day, then the next day refusing to believe it happened.

I could never look at her the same way after that..........................

Texas World was a happening, and the racing was just a reason to go.

I doubt that we will ever have another racetrack weekend experience like that again.

• 4 weeks later...
We did the fountain soaping once up there..or maybe twice..............

The best was when the Fire Department showed up to wash away the foam, which by that point has billowed out onto Hwy 6. They hit that foam with the high pressure, and the stuff blew up like a mushroom cloud. They eventually were down to one lane each way on Hwy 6 on a Saturday night....................

Amazing what 5 gallon size bottles of liquid laundry soap can do.

Poor ol' Nick is showing his age; He can't be that forgetful about furniture in the pool (although I think that one may have actually been in Mexico), engine rebuilds in hotel rooms, and a lot more.

I still have vivid memories of my friend Bobby Caulfield's ex-wife winning the wet t-shirt contest after getting bombed on cheap wine during the day, then the next day refusing to believe it happened.

I could never look at her the same way after that..........................

Texas World was a happening, and the racing was just a reason to go.

I doubt that we will ever have another racetrack weekend experience like that again.

Archived