i'm not surprised this doesn't happen more often..

badsonic

Hey Chevy33, why do you think that officer should go to jail? People speed everyday and cause accidents and they don't go to jail, in fact even when they are drunk most of the time they don't go to jail. They may spend the night in jail but thats it. This officer was at work and used poor judgement, let his employer deal with him.

Hey Chevy33, why do you think that officer should go to jail? People speed everyday and cause accidents and they don't go to jail, in fact even when they are drunk most of the time they don't go to jail. They may spend the night in jail but thats it. This officer was at work and used poor judgement, let his employer deal with him.
Well lets see because maybe during his poor judgement HE KILLED TWO PEOPLE !!!!!!! I bet if it was someone you knew that had been killed,you would think differently ! P.S. NICK I wasnt bashing you just making a generalized statement !

Well lets see because maybe during his poor judgement HE KILLED TWO PEOPLE !!!!!!! I bet if it was someone you knew that had been killed,you would think differently !

I think what Poorboy was trying to say is that this type of collision happens every day in this country, and people die routinely from them. The ones that don't involve officers don't make national news. Rarely do these collisions involve police officers, but when they do, cop-haters want to see their heads roll, and their agendas are fueled by the liberal media. The ones involving police are propelled through the media and generally make it to the national level as a result of this.

As sad as it may sound, the normal punishment for a negligent vehicular homicide like this would be a probation term, so Poorboy is correct.

I think what Poorboy was trying to say is that this type of collision happens every day in this country, and people die routinely from them. The ones that don't involve officers don't make national news. Rarely do these collisions involve police officers, but when they do, cop-haters want to see their heads roll, and their agendas are fueled by the liberal media. The ones involving police are propelled through the media and generally make it to the national level as a result of this.

As sad as it may sound, the normal punishment for a negligent vehicular homicide like this would be a probation term, so Poorboy is correct.

Just because other people get away with manslaughter doesnt mean its right, thats one of the problems with the justice system. I am no cop hater but I do think officers are in a more looked up to job position and they should use BETTER judgement than the normal person on the street.

. The ones that don't involve officers don't make national news. Rarely do these collisions involve police officers, but when they do, cop-haters want to see their heads roll, and their agendas are fueled by the liberal media. The ones involving police are propelled through the media and generally make it to the national level as a result of this.
nope i cant agree with this one, thats why the are SWORE in "to serve and protect the community" , SO THEY HAVE A BIGGER RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE CONTROL OF THEIR ACTIONS and they supposed to set the example, thats why it make the headlines...remember they raise their RIGHT hand before they become officers. totally agree 100% there are some good officers out there.

While he was siting at a red light in his cruiser the other night(at a red light), he was hit from behind by a druged up person doing 35 miles an hr.
And even your buddy has turn the lights on or sirens once or twice in his career to cross a redlight cuz he didnt want to sit & wait.......and if HE doesnt ask his co-workers why they do it.....

While he was siting at a red light in his cruiser the other night(at a red light), he was hit from behind by a druged up person doing 35 miles an hr.
And even your buddy has turn the lights on or sirens once or twice in his career to cross a redlight cuz he didnt want to sit & wait.......and if HE doesnt ask his co-workers why they do it.....

chase would never do that. ;)

hope youre alright.

i'm no 'cop hater' for the past ten years i've been trying to tell myself that i want to quit what i do and become a police officer. i've always wanted to be. it's that talking to myself thing that's prolly the problem.

......and like chase said , we do only see the bad stuff drooled up by a liberal media bonanza. you rarely here about the good they do everyday that you have come to exspect so it just gets over looked.

but this guy did what he did, holding a position that we all hold to a higher standard. it's probably eating him alive as i type and will the rest of his life.

nick- you forgot neal rogers

Well lets see because maybe during his poor judgement HE KILLED TWO PEOPLE !!!!!!! I bet if it was someone you knew that had been killed,you would think differently !

Having been in law enforcement for several years, I know first hand that the vast MAJORITY of law enforement officers at ALL levels are honest and faithful to the law and the public they serve. Every orchard has a few bad apples. You don't burn down the entire orchard for it. That can be said of EVERY walk of life....and error in judgment on the officers part and errors in judgement on the teens part equated to tragedy. Those who bash police and call them names, sure do appreciate them when it's them when it's their butt getting robbed, mugged or worse.

98 percent are just doing thier job ...and darn good at it ..now someday you may need one ..and as for me .i hope we will always have em around ..........l. just to let you know ..i have had a ticket or two . and always told the cop thank you ..even the ones that didnt give me a ticket .lol ....

This whole topic is a "Lose _ Lose" deal. This whole world is full of good people and bad people. The officer (for what ever reason) hit a car and two people are dead. That is the only thing we know for sure. There are so many things that we dont know about this yet. I hate it when people start putting blame on others without knowing the facts. In my opinion this is one of those post that needs to be "LOCKED".

This whole topic is a "Lose _ Lose" deal. This whole world is full of good people and bad people. The officer (for what ever reason) hit a car and two people are dead. That is the only thing we know for sure. There are so many things that we dont know about this yet. I hate it when people start putting blame on others without knowing the facts. In my opinion this is one of those post that needs to be "LOCKED".

You are right.

Archived