brad "CRASH"elowski

badsonic

"You can bet that when the Ward family takes Tony to civil court, this incident and his actions will be exhibit B."

I said the same thing when I saw the replay.

And his response will be to compare what Kesoloski did to him with what he did to Ward (nothing). I don't generally like people who play the victim card, but perhaps Tony needs to start pointing out that the precipitating transgressions of others.....

It showed that Tony had a choice....Tony chose to put the car in reverse, check his mirror and then back into a competitor. (in retaliation) Not a great move for someone that may need to show he doesnt have anger management issues
well, that's irrelevant. Can't single tony out due to brads actions on pit road hitting kenseth and putting crews lives in danger. Hell, he hit 3 cars on a cool down lap entering pit road and knocked a transmission across the garage!!!! If anyone is dangerous, its brad.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It showed that Tony had a choice....Tony chose to put the car in reverse, check his mirror and then back into a competitor. (in retaliation) Not a great move for someone that may need to show he doesn’t have anger management issues…

The context would be that he would have to justify his actions to the family that put a stoned driver in a sprint car. I think most jurists can rationalize passion in the heat of the moment in a tumultuous sport better than the pre-meditated endangering of a whole field of drivers (and possibly fans).

I will be the first to admit that Tony is in a bad position. But if he indicates he is a pushover, than he will, in fact, increasingly become pushed-over. The target that was on him at that New York dirt track will be on him at every track, ever.

Its very relevant Brad was not involved in an accident with a fatality. If Tony gets pulled into a civil lawsuit, the other side could use this incident in particular to show that Tony has a propensity towards aggression.

we could also go back to times when ward Jr was high and lost his temper. Ward and Stewarts deal was a true ACCIDENT. Brads actions were not. As seen many times.

Its very relevant Brad was not involved in an accident with a fatality. If Tony gets pulled into a civil lawsuit, the other side could use this incident in particular to show that Tony has a propensity towards aggression.

we could also go back to times when ward Jr was high and lost his temper. Ward and Stewarts deal was a true ACCIDENT. Brads actions were not. As seen many times.

I'm not saying it was or was not an accident...I'm just saying that if he is taken to court...this may be used.

Its funny how everyone thinks tony is still at fault based on everyones perception about his emotions when he is in a racecar....forget the kid was high or his age or whatever....I agree with hitech...Tony and his team would crush anyone trying to get money from a superstar based on racing stuff...I would bet they would call every driver at the track to testify in Tonys behalf and Im not so sure the lawyers on wards team would go after Tony on that fact alone....However..I could be wrong....and if they tried...i would be surprised if it got anywhere.....jmo

My understanding is that Tony has been cleared of any “criminal” activity. The thing Tony can still be involved in is a “civil” suit. As far as Tony’s legal team crushing the other sides attempt to get money…. unless they have a video showing the young man rolling a big fat joint, smoking it, and jumping in a race car…I doubt the Stewart legal team is going to crush anything, especially if Tony continues advertising his aggressive side. This isn’t an attack on Tony and whether he did or didn’t kill someone on purpose. It’s not about another driver starting this or wrecking that. It’s about Tony needing to curb his emotions so in the event a civil suit arises; he doesn’t end up with a really light wallet.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/nascar-america-could-tony-stewarts-actions-at-charlotte-impact-possible-civil-suit-video/related/

First off, he doesn't need video of the kid smoking, it's in the toxicology report. Two, it could be argued he responded like most of us would in that situation. How many drivers here would let a guy ram you after the race like that and not respond either the same way or by getting out and whipping his a$$, especially when you're not even involved in any of the other instances. If anyone was out of control of his emotions it wasn't Tony.

It was less of an incident that set off Ward and he reacted the way he did. Not saying either way was the right way to handle it but which event was worse? Getting out and running down the track or putting your car in reverse and hitting another car just a few feet behind you?

Bottom line on a civil suit Stewart could be in trouble.Why? It will be little low budget local team against big time rich guy who invaded their space.With some peoples attitude towards wealthy people nowadays if the civil jury gets loaded with lower income folks Stewart may be in trouble.As for Bad Brad NASCAR should dock him 50+ points for the incident.I don't mind a driver with an edge.Don't even mind the attempt post race on track.But blasting into pit road like that is unacceptable at any race track.But since this is on every news channel NASCAR will probably slap him on the wrist and say Good job , Brad.

Funny how quick ideas change. When we talked about people speeding through pits at CTS everyone condemned the drivers doing that. Now a guy in NASCAR DOES hit someone parked and someone vulnerable and gets retaliated on, it's all on the guys doing the retaliation and how what they're doing is wrong.

Obviously Nascar does not take Brad's action seriously. Only a fine (probably less money than Brad made driving that day)? If Nascar wanted to send a message that Brad's action was intolerable, they would have taken points and effectively end Brad's chance at the title. I think everyone would have paid attention to that. Makes me proud of the times I wore my 14 Office Depot cap to THR.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived