Question

BJ34

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another intresting bit of news.Rio Grande Speedway is going to elimanate the beginner only clause in their Thunder car program.They decided it is too difficult to enforce.So for Thunder cars in general thats a good thing.One more track moving tward accepting 4 cyl cars as race cars.

Now heres the intresting part.They have tried many things over the years to keep the cars affordable.They even went pure stock engines one year.The problem was defining stock.Did it mean only the engine that came in that car or a production only engine?The word stock can have many meanings.How do you check each part ?They simplified the process.To pass teck now you have to pass a vacuum and compression test.15 inches vacuum at 800 rpm and 175 lbs compression max.So a guy can build a strong engine with forged rods and crank and pistons but the big cams and pop up pistons and super cut heads are out.I dont know if this works but I will find out.They are going to run every Sat starting in January through March to put on races for snowbirds.They use the same transponder as CC,the red AMB in case any of you wanted to get a jump start next year.

Would a vacuum and compression rule work for us??I really dont know.

Very good post GB thats wy all them years of racing with you i allways asked you for advice to make my car a little better each year.

From what i know of cc is its a handling track not a power track you have to make your car handle getting in the turns and out and

not tear up your car or anyone elses car in the process . GB has had a lot of influince with the way to set up a car he and several of

my team mates is what help me get my car from running in the back of the pack to running very good in the top 5 for several years

and as he said the changes that the managment made in years past hurt my performance quite a bit out there and i never could

get my car to run like that again . When that happens you keep trying but when the funds start going south and no more money to

compete you have to say enough is enough and not race no more and thats what has happen to quiet a few cars out there and to

tell you it is a very very hard dececion to make if someone has racing in their blood and has done it for so long . As for the rule GB

said last on the comression and vacume i dont think it will help either...........

As far as 260 York is concerned,I have known him since birth.At around 6 years old he was driving quarter midgets around Austin that looked like little winged sprinters.At early teens he was driving a 400 inch dirt modified around Missouri at 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile fast dirt tracts.Some tracks were over 100 mph.The Thunder car is the slowest race car he has competed with.I understand his passion for speed.He really needs a 2.4 twin cam eclipse.

Now let me think who has one of these cars just sitting around....HEY!!! You got one of those cars back there in Kingdom Of Thunders...Very interesting...and its Legal hehe just have to wait and see what happens with the rules...hope we get something on rules up fast so we can start building cars already...Yeah and what happen to the modified when I let you race it GB!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Archived