Question

BJ34

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I have the rights to put my two cents in to this because .I own two of what someone called an outlaw ,but i also have a pure stock stang as well .when it is all said and done Dan will have the final say so.

Im sorry if i dont get what you are talking about Charly. Yes it would be nice to get a better pay out but with the economy the way

it is right now every body is watching how they spend their green backs . Heck look at the speedzone classifieds and count how many

racecars that are 4 sale because of the economy or want to step up to the next class. The Tx. Thunders were supposed to be a starter

class to get them ready for the next level may it be bombers,purestock,supperstreet,or the modifies. Heck i was going to run a purestock

class back in 2000 i had the car and motor but they swited the class to what is now the supperstreets and you see how many cars they

got wright now not that many. I remember when the thunders first started we started i think it was 25 or 26 cars in a feature race and

ran 4 wide down the front strech but i have not seen that again you know wy i remember that because i was one of the 4 cars and GB

too. Your write you haven't raced there long enough to know that and i know what HiTech is saying and understand also. More money

means more cars i just don't see it happening too soon. Im an old school racer just like my late Dad why change something that works

really well and keeps every body competitive why change. Thats all i have to say about this matter and i second the motion HiTech..

if u can drive and u know how to setup a car u dont need alot of $ in your motor i was a top 3 car last year and i had a 3 year old crapy motor and i put my $ in tires and suspension and that was no more then 80 a tire a stock rack and rear springs only i didnt get front springs tell just before this year started the only got a big motor this year to whop up on gb's world hell no one eles was doin it so i thunked i would but that motor aint even goin back in my cc car anywayi got that car to the point it dont need it . and if yall want bone stock fwds the put them together, bring them out, run with us, and try to get enough cars to to racing by yall self and then when they cant take going so damn slow they can put some $ in there car and move up

Charlie step back for a sec and grab u one of your bud light limes its going to be ok :D

Am gonna need a few of them limes after this lol, what you mean you second the motion? You dont even race cc anymore or that matter RACE anymore... and again your talkin about the past its not the begginner class anymore harold...Go up to the tps guys and tell them they're a begginner class and see what happens....Its not just for kids anymore.. were going faster and putting on one hell of a show now... and the only reason you were part of the 4 wide is cuz you were in the way...sorry nick its the truth lol....Its pretty bad when the Drivers from the other classes understand and agree then the ones in the same class.... and am not sayin put 1,000 dollars to win and blow the money... but if "IF" there was more money in the purse The big dogs and others will want to come and grab that money...

Okie Dokie...

I have a motion to close and a second... All those in favor say "Aye." All those opposed say, "Nay."

Nick

P.S... This thread is still friendly, right? I mean, there are some things being said that could be just kidding around or maybe not...

Hey Cody there usest to be a lot of front wheel drives that ran cc not too long ago and they give GB a run for his money.

The only thing i see between the two is the rearwheel cars can weld their rearends and the frontwheel drives can't.

Be a little carefull of what you say because what happen to the mini's could happen to yall. I ran for four years with a

woreout stock motor and in the top five to boot . I know it because i seen it happen. I know i have not raced in about

two years but i know the history of this class really well. What i can't really understand is why everybody has to build

a new car every year and i ran the same car for allmost 10 years untill i could not afford to race no more and cut the

car up and scap it for a total of $16.50 heck i paid more than that for the car , pipe and racing equipment. Heck i

put about $400.00 in it one year and blew the motor the first race of the season trying to keep up with the other cars

and seens that i blew 3 or 4 more motors i had to give it up because i could not afford it any more. Tell your dad i said

hi. I miss being there watching yall race and helping with the cars. Hope to see every body next year :ph34r:

the only front wheel drive cars that gave GB a good run that i can rember was the 14 and the 46 what other front wheel drive carhad a chance dont no body say the #16 car because that is the same car as the #14 just a different driver

well trust me people you dont want to open the class up like hi tech is saying we have seen this class go from stock to full moditfed and car counts go down but you cannt take the ford back down to stock cause with their weight you need some help a 2300 lbs car that is stock cannt run with the fwd cars that weigh 1600 lbs i am putting 2 cars back out there this year again and lalo will have 1 maybe 2 but i would like the track to have its drivers meeting so we know what is going to change if anything we need to keep this class affordable so with the bad times we can still get the car count up and your saying increase the purse will im sure if we get the car count up the track will do that dan is a fair guy but with only 7 or 8 cars he isnt going to raise the payout but if we get the cars and if they raise the pay it should be raise at the bottom no one likes spending 100 dollars getting in the pits to win 20 dollars

well trust me people you dont want to open the class up like hi tech is saying we have seen this class go from stock to full moditfed and car counts go down but you cannt take the ford back down to stock cause with their weight you need some help a 2300 lbs car that is stock cannt run with the fwd cars that weigh 1600 lbs i am putting 2 cars back out there this year again and lalo will have 1 maybe 2 but i would like the track to have its drivers meeting so we know what is going to change if anything we need to keep this class affordable so with the bad times we can still get the car count up and your saying increase the purse will im sure if we get the car count up the track will do that dan is a fair guy but with only 7 or 8 cars he isnt going to raise the payout but if we get the cars and if they raise the pay it should be raise at the bottom no one likes spending 100 dollars getting in the pits to win 20 dollars

Thats what i've been saying all along....LEAVE THE RULES ALONE....AND PUT MONEY IN THE PURSE AND CARS WILL COME....Brandon were not talkin about spliting anything...we just don't want the rules to change and have to go to a boring stock class...which noone is gonna wanna see or race in, Its racing people, were spose to go faster...Now maybe we should start seeing where everyone is??? like when we are starting back up again,when the meetings are etc. etc. noone else thinks it kinda odd that noones talking??? no thomas....no robin.....nothing...And were in Dec.

charlie im not saying to leave the rules the same im just saying dont go all the way back to stock right now the rules are kinda open on the motors and if someone really wants to go all out they can and its legal and there are some really good dot tires out there that are exspensive i know i dont want to spend 150 dollars a tire just to run with the leaders so we really need to do something here

I think if you back and look at some of GB's posts, he has some very relavent ideas and suggestions, not only to increase car count but to put more money in the racers pocket by restricting tire softness and such. If you spend less on the car then you would have made more at the end of the night. If you really want to race for more purse, I would suggest you go out and find a class sponsor and add that monies to the purse. It could be a win-win for everybody.

There is no majic trick to make this work, but it is going to take work from everyone to make it happen, and it won't happen overnight. I think the line of thinking shouldn't be we need to race for more money, it has to be what can we do to make this class grow. Sometimes the answer to that question is not going to be popular with everyone, but there will be a give and take on everyones part.

Take a minute and think about this. If you were going to build a Thunder from the ground up, and you were on a limited budget, how would you approach it? Keep in mind that the thunders ar not the only class out there. What would you do with that limited budget.....build a Thunder or possible build a Bomber. My point being that if you want your class to grow you have to feed it, and you don't do that by going to the Outback Steakhouse with a McDonalds budget.

...Take a minute and think about this. If you were going to build a Thunder from the ground up, and you were on a limited budget, how would you approach it? Keep in mind that the thunders ar not the only class out there. What would you do with that limited budget.....build a Thunder or possible build a Bomber. My point being that if you want your class to grow you have to feed it, and you don't do that by going to the Outback Steakhouse with a McDonalds budget.

Is the Esslinger head still legal in the Thunders?

Nick

...Take a minute and think about this. If you were going to build a Thunder from the ground up, and you were on a limited budget, how would you approach it? Keep in mind that the thunders ar not the only class out there. What would you do with that limited budget.....build a Thunder or possible build a Bomber. My point being that if you want your class to grow you have to feed it, and you don't do that by going to the Outback Steakhouse with a McDonalds budget.

Is the Esslinger head still legal in the Thunders?

Nick

nick right now .you can run just aboult anything under the hood ... to answer your question ..yes ..now .cody had the power to smoke the field last year .untill he broke that dallor motor ..but then went with less and ran purty good ....we added ourtps motor to jr.s car .and he was just getting use to it and getting fast ,when he was wrecked .. we should not have had to put that motor in .but we had nothing power wise over cody . so the balance isnt here with this class ... hey we have it .and we will run it .unless things change . those that cant afford it .well ....

crt .where did i say go all out ..that would be defeating my whole argument ..

Mike read it again i was saying you didnt want to open it and i was agreeing with you and Cody no you dont have to spend that kind of money but there are going to be some people that will

ok i must of read it upsidedown lol ..

IF U WANT 2 GO BACK 2 STOCK DAN IS STARTING A CLASS A FRONT RUNNER CLASS DAT IS COMPLETELY STOCK

I think if you back and look at some of GB's posts, he has some very relavent ideas and suggestions, not only to increase car count but to put more money in the racers pocket by restricting tire softness and such. If you spend less on the car then you would have made more at the end of the night. If you really want to race for more purse, I would suggest you go out and find a class sponsor and add that monies to the purse. It could be a win-win for everybody.

There is no majic trick to make this work, but it is going to take work from everyone to make it happen, and it won't happen overnight. I think the line of thinking shouldn't be we need to race for more money, it has to be what can we do to make this class grow. Sometimes the answer to that question is not going to be popular with everyone, but there will be a give and take on everyones part.

Take a minute and think about this. If you were going to build a Thunder from the ground up, and you were on a limited budget, how would you approach it? Keep in mind that the thunders ar not the only class out there. What would you do with that limited budget.....build a Thunder or possible build a Bomber. My point being that if you want your class to grow you have to feed it, and you don't do that by going to the Outback Steakhouse with a McDonalds budget.

Well said, if you grow the class the track has more reason to pay a little more

passing,I dont know if you are serious but if CC did adopt the mini stock rules that Thunderhill has it would be the best thing for CC.It would be the worse thing for us,nobody would be legal.It would bring in a whole new bunch of racers and some of us would also change cars and compete as well.

I have been talking to debwill before last year started and offered a little advice to help this class get going.They started with the rules from Houston but some rules were not good.For example,only allowing beginners.I have never agreed with that,a person that races a ministock does so for several reasons.They love 4 cyl cars,they dont usually have a race shop,most dont have a place to keep one and most dont have the money to do anything else.I believe Thunderhill is going to bring this class to a feature level and get back many racers that have left the sport because of finances.I bet they will find more cars for the purse dollar than any other class if they do indeed pay a real purse and give these people a full race schedule.

Believe it or not,the Thunder rules that began in 2000 at cc were not that different We allowed front or rear drive,front or rear engine,std or auto trans.We had a claim rule,that keeps hi dollar cars out.We had a stock body rule,that kept tube race cars out and kept the car weights level with engine size.The trans rule was 1 foreward and 1 reverse so a guy with a blown out 3rd or 4th gear can still use his trans for racing.The carb rule was 500 cfm max,no brand restrictions.There was no rule on engines even by brand because some people built race cars with crappy engines and they could put another type.There was no weight rule because of the stock body rule.No racing chassis parts were allowed,including springs,shocks etc but no restrictions were put on adjustments eather.The entire package was assembled to allow someone to use what they have because specified parts cost money.Any wheel was allowed,including aluminum because these wheels are just as strong and cheaper than buying aftermarket wheels.Street tires meant you could go buy used tires cheap and race.Did not guarntee a win but to force only a racing tire meant you have to spend big money just to be there.The rules at RGS are still mostly as they have been from the start,weathering 17 years and stronger than ever.The beginner only rule hurt them the most,it was used inapproately by some of the past promoters to eliminate people they did not like.They tried many changes over the years and most failed but now its back to its roots.There must be a reason.

These rules were adopted by Dan from the successful rules used by Rio Grande Speedway with minor adjustments like removing the beginner clause and requiring a 4 point cage.Year after year they were modified and distorted to where they are today.And now were are right back to the ministock rules that were abonded in 2000,except for the racing tires which are also appearing now.There were no front drive cars in 2000.There were only 8 cars total and 4 of them were Thunder cars already.

We started with 4 cars in Thunders.2 were totally stock one was a RGS thunder and mine was a converted ministock.I knew someone would claim my Ghia so I was building a true Thunder when the rules were changed making my car impossible to run.In 2002 I returned with a true thunder,the rabbit.Had we stayed with the original rules of 2000,this thread would not be happening.Rule changes,modifications,allowences and such has brought us full circle back to the minnies of 2000.We are back to an all Ford hi dollar type of car to be competyetive.Back to 8 cars and nobody is happy again.We learned nothing.

Ultimately the track will decide our fate.Are we worth the purse we need?Can anything be done to get more cars?What is our selling point? "come race with us,to win you need a true race car to race for an entry level purse." These problems are not new but with the economy of today they are more noticeable.We never advanced to the future cars of today because we were too worried how to protect the dinosaurs of yesterday.We have only one modern car and how well can he do against the protected dinosaurs.In an all stock class,Tommy would win races with that Nissan.Right now the bombers look more attractive than us for a new team.Im afraid we shot ourselves in both feet this time.We should never be allowed to vote on rules.

I dont know what the future has for us but unless people can figgure out how to attract new blood there might be trouble.And if Dan did indeed adapt the ministock rules of Thunderhill who can blame him.At least he could draw cars from that arena.

For myself,I would like a 500$ purse with good pay back and keep the rules as they are.That would get new cars too.

Well GB don't get me wrong, am not as old as some of you so i dont know what happen back in the day...But i dont see a big purse for bone stock 4 cyl racing..like you said Tommy is all stock and hes up racing with us 2nd 3rd leading sometimes, give him some the right set up on the car and he'll be hard to beat...why start another class when there are stock cars racing up front with us now... all that this stock class is gonna start is just a goof around crash fest for buddys in a 200$ car...

Well GB don't get me wrong, am not as old as some of you so i dont know what happen back in the day...

. YOUR WORDS .. AM NOT AS OLD AS SOME OF YOU SO I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BACK IN THE DAY ...

....ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS READ WHAT SOME OF US OLD BACK IN THE DAY GUYS SAY ..AND YOU WOULD KNOW .....

IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM THE PAST .. YOU CANT MOVE FORWARD IN THE FUTURE .... THE PAST ALWAYS FINDS ITS WAY BACK TO THE FUTURE ..

well not trying to be the bad guy here , but if we go back to a pure stock class im parking my 2 cars im sorry but you make the fords go stock with there weight and they wont run with some of the front wheel drive cars like you are saying look at tommy he is running with the cars today and he is stock so you make the fords pull everything thing off and tommy and gb will dominate

p.s i do think we need some engine rules and tire rules

Archived