Winter Season

Here is the **REVISED** Shady Oaks Speedway winter season schedule. This will be a short season with NO drops.

What times do you think would work BEST for this series? I know that running at night would be way to cold for spectators as well as drivers and crews. I was thinking of starting at approx. 2p.m........give me your thoughts!

***REVISION***

Jan. 16th - Points

Modifieds

Limited Modifieds

Late Models

Pure Stocks

Super Stocks

Farm Trucks - Added

SOS Dwarf Cars - Added

Jan. 30th - Points

Modifieds

Limited Modifieds

Late Models

Pure Stocks

Super Stocks

Farm Trucks - Added

SOS Dwarf Cars - Added

Feb.20th - Points - this race was changed due to Corpus having a big show, and both tracks feel that it would be best for car counts to move from the 13th to this date.

Modifieds

Limited Modifieds

Late Models

Pure Stocks

Super Stocks

Farm Trucks - Added

SOS Dwarf Cars - Added

Feb. 27th - Points

Modifieds

Limited Modifieds

Late Models

Pure Stocks

Super Stocks

Farm Trucks - Added

SOS Dwarf Cars - Added

the only problem i could see would be for people like me that work saturdays and live away from goliad...the later time worked great 'cause i had time to get off work at 1p, and still make the races there. the earlier time would mean taking a day off work....or not going. fortunately for me, taking time off is easier for most...but, other folks may not be so lucky.

i do agree, tho...being earlier will DEFINATELY be warmer!! :lol:

• 1 month later...

TIRES/WHEELS: Must use unaltered Hoosier ‘500’ Race tire, with IMCA stamped on sidewall. 27 by 8 by 15 or 26.5 by 8 by 15 ‘stagger tire’ allowed. No chemical softening, conditioning or grooving of tires (Refer to IMCA Operations and Inspection Manual or General Rules for automatic penalties). Tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread. All wheels must display white “IMCA approved” decal and wheel manufacturer decal. Any offset allowed. May use IMCA approved bead lock, on right rear only. External steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8-inches and no wider than 8.75-inches. Steel bolts only. Foam type or plastic outer mud cover allowed on right side wheels. Inner mud cover allowed on left rear only. No bleeder valves. Must use minimum 1-inch O.D. lug nuts and 0.625-inch studs are recommended. No wheel spacers allowed with OEM studs. Wheel adapters are treated as spacers and may be aluminum, maximum 1.50-inches thick.

Last year I believe they allowed the AR 500 but they have said the winter series will be run by IMCA rules. The IMCA rules are above. I hope they keep it that way because not all tracks allow AR500's. I believe all tracks allow Hoosier 500's.

Thats weird, when i google it, it comes up with rules and gets you there, when you go to the home page i can't get there, maybe it is an old page or something? It does state the 2009 rules though, so it could change, thank god I dig ditches for a living and not a computer programer!

Archived