I 37 Sat nites in 2010

txhotmod

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's a TRUE fact on Saturday nights Big Al.

Never heard for certain on sanctioning or not. I was in the pits when they did the interview with owner, Joe Gonzalez, and only caught the part on going to Saturday night.(Though as I recall Jim did say something about SportMods still being IMCA or at least IMCA rules)

I-37 Raceway will be IMCA sanctioned for both Modifieds and Sports Mods, and will start the season on Saturday, March 13, 2010. Yes, I-37 will run Saturday nights, with the expectation that racing will start at about 7:00 pm.

Under the "Be careful what you wish for, because you may get it," during the off-season I-37 will take out the tires bordering the track.

As for competition for purses, I wouldn't bet on it. A lot of that went on this year, and it didn't help the tracks. I would expect reasonable purses, but not a bidding war.

Buck.....5 tracks? :huh:

Rarely do guys come out of the valley, and now maybe if it rains out down there they can make Sat. where Fri. was impossible.

Texana's plans are still "up in the air."

Very few come from Texana or Shady Oaks anyway.

Some Corpus guys had a hard time making Fridays, and if I-37 schedules opposite of South Texas it would be a win-win for both tracks.

Aaron, IMCA tried a Sunday Series for points chasers back several years ago...it only lasted 3 years......NO FANS!!! Too damn hot, tracks dried out, racing was seldom good, one lane around the bottom. Now IMCA has changed it's points structure to a max. number of races per year so it doesn't help points chasers anymore.

Every Sat night or every other Sat nite

Putting up guarde rail;s or just wide open spaces if go off track

Jim will post a schedule as soon as possible.

My understanding is no barriers; the drivers apparently don't like them. How would a guard rail be any better?

Some Corpus guys had a hard time making Fridays, and if I-37 schedules opposite of South Texas it would be a win-win for both tracks.

Am I missing something? Why would a STS car pass up SOS or not go to Edna to come to an IMCA track when they are all 3 Outlaw. STS and SOS schedules already show them running opposite weekends. I mean I do like alot of IMCA advantages but Outlaw cars just dont pop in and out at IMCA tracks around here very often.

No i like the sat. night ideal if they are imca the point i was making if they were all outlaw then you are all bidding for one small group now if they go imca then i do think a few of the other mods will have the oppertunty to change over where they can run a lot less expensive power plant Of course it would be nice to see purses that would actully pay your way now an then

Every Sat night or every other Sat nite

Putting up guarde rail;s or just wide open spaces if go off track

Jim will post a schedule as soon as possible.

My understanding is no barriers; the drivers apparently don't like them. How would a guard rail be any better?

Will you be removing the tires in the infield also ? I vote for guardrail high outside myself ! With guardrail you have a chance of sliding off/rubbing. With those tires you dont slide or rub. JMO

IMCA Sport Mods and Modifieds is a great idea, a set of rules that will put the races into the hands of the drivers and not thier wallets, Not sure your reason for going to Saturday nights?

Good luck with growing a car count from local racers. it may take a few years but stick with it and it might work

My 2 cents

Mike

Am I missing something? Why would a STS car pass up SOS or not go to Edna to come to an IMCA track when they are all 3 Outlaw. STS and SOS schedules already show them running opposite weekends. I mean I do like alot of IMCA advantages but Outlaw cars just dont pop in and out at IMCA tracks around here very often.

STS MODS R IN THE AIR FROM WHAT I HEARD SOUNDS LIKE I NEED TO GET THE SPORT MOD OUTA THE WEEDS :( OUTLAW MODS AT STS ;)

Yeah Greg...keep the sport mod in the weeds.

SHOOT I AM GOING TO CHASE MY TAIL LIKE I DO IN MY POS MOD ;):blink: IM SURE ;) I HOPE THERE COULD BE A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD FOR ALL CLASSES BUT IT GOES ON IN NASCAR ALSO I :( TS ALL UP IN THE AIR GOODLUCK WITH WHATEVER CHOICE ANY TRACK MAKES AS THE ECONOMY IS THE FR@@#%##$#$%#$%

Archived