Kristen Wallace Ready for 125 Laps at Montgomery

Kristen Wallace Ready for 125 Laps at Montgomery

Jasper, GA (November 06, 2009) -- 16 year-old Kristen Wallace hoped to compete in The Alabama 200 at South Alabama Speedway on October 18. It would have been twice the lap count of any Late Model race she had competed in to-date. Unfortunately, contact from another competitor in another race the preceding weekend wreaked havoc on her #12 Ford Fusion, and ended her Alabama 200 hopes before they ever got off the ground.

The Kristen Wallace Racing Team has worked hard, long hours to repair Wallace's popular purple car, and the results of that work will be tested this weekend at Montgomery (AL) Motor Speedway. Kristen will enter her third Show Me the Money Pro Late Model Series event at the half-mile oval. The race will be the series' finale, and will offer 125 laps of racing, rather than the standard 100 laps for the series.

The first two Late Model outings for Kristen - both in SMM Series races - ended early. The first was doomed by mechanical failure, while her second run was terminated by mechanical failure caused by damage obtained in an on-track incident.

"My goal mostly is to finish and leave with my car looking like it just rolled out of the trailer," said Wallace of her upcoming race. "It's time to put in some seat time in the Late Model."

The Show Me the Money Series has been successful for the new racing venue, and has begun to draw in a few of racing's biggest names. Kristen knows the competition is tough, but the former beauty pageant winner is not easily shaken.

"It will be a challenge but that's mine and my crew's place to make that one car fast enough," she said of the extended-lap race to come.

Wallace became a winner earlier in the year at Lanier National (GA) Speedway, behind the wheel of her Super Truck entry. Truck racing was the focus of the 2009 season, but is now behind her. While her name might show up on a Super Truck entry list from time-to-time, the KWR team is now full speed ahead in Late Model racing.

Following Show Me the Money weekend at Montgomery, Wallace and company will head to the all-new Gresham Motorsports (GA) Park for The 26thAnnual World Crown 300. Her schedule is not finalized beyond that point, but Kristen will certainly be a permanent fixture among the bigger events in the future.

The Show me the Money 125 goes green Saturday, November 07 at 6:00PM CT.

Fans may learn more about Kristen and Kristen Wallace Racing by logging on to her website at

www.kristenwallaceracing.com. Discussion about Kristen's racing efforts and words of encouragement may be posted in her official Z3 Sports Short Track Talk fan forum, presented by BozPC.com, at www.shorttracktalk.comor www.z3sports.com.

Archived