THE 2009 NASKART SERIES CHAMPION IS......

After going over the scenerios with 1 race left to go....It is OFFICIAL!!! Lyndon Kirk #5 is the 2009 NASKART SERIES champion!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS LYNDON ON A GREAT SEASON INCLUDING 8 WINS OUT OF 22 RACES!!!! Its been a LONG tough gruelling season and a long time coming for Lyndon to win his 1st NASKART Championship, after coming so close last year!!! This year he was not to be denied....but it was a season long battle with Chris Terry and his teammate Mike Steinman on his tail all season fighting for those valuable championship points.

Runner-up spot is still up for grabs between Chris Terry #24 and Mike Steinman #71. Only 4 points seperate these 2 with the last race left in the season. Mike Steinman will have to win the last race of the year and have Chris finish 4th or worse in order to tie Chris in the points. At which point the tie-breaker would be wins with Chris having 3 wins on the season....and Mike having 4 if he wins the last race of the season. There is also a bonus point up for grabs in the Last heat race of the season. With either driver helping their own cause by winning the last heat race. But if Chris wins the last race...He will be the Runner-up in the 2009 NASKART Series!!!

Still there are other scenarios to this battle for 2nd...but we will find out on November 14th at Houston Motorsports Park at the season finale!

Phew, I can't believe it's over. I am so very proud to be crowned 2009 NASKART champion. With so many ups and downs throughout such a long season, I could not have done it without the support of so many people. My gratitude extends from the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU:

My family for tolerating me through this trial

Gary "Smitty" Smith; an excellent motor builder and mentor

Mike Steinman my teammate, for your tireless dedication to the series

Team Rockhard; fierce competitors and great friends

TRU-Chocolate my sponsor

Most importantly the fans. It is because of you that we have a place to race

Once again, thank you all and I look forward to defending my championship in 2010.

Lyndon Kirk

Archived