Question about NASCAR 360 Trucks

ToryC

Is the NASCAR 360 Truck a track division or a series?

Is this a class to be run by HMP exclusively or is 360 Motorsports [?] a touring/self governing series?

Would these trucks run at other tracks under the same rules? I believe Thunderhill and HMP ran the same trucks last season, right? I think I saw some of the same trucks in Corpus Christi when I visited there at the end of '08, but don't recall seeing them on the CC '09 schedule.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am green about these trucks and I'm interested to know.

Thanks.

Tory, they used to be the ARTS (Allstar Race Truck Series) trucks and were governed by ARTS, a national organization. I believe the trucks in this area ran under the Lonestar ARTS region, and that region was directed by the Garretts (Jon, Andy, Mike). Forgive me if I get any of this terminology wrong - just my recollection.

After some time, the Lonestar region stopped operating, and Terry Dickerson's USRA picked up the trucks and governed them. When USRA stopped operation, the trucks were in a state of limbo. They were sort of in-between being a "series" and a track class. They ran at THR and HMP mainly with an occasional trip to CC and Wichita Falls maybe. Within the last few years, HMP has published the rules and organized races there, and THR has also hosted races for them. The rules and registrations were honored and enforced at both tracks just like the Pro Mods.

They were not on the schedule at either HMP or THR full time in 2009. In 2010, they are on HMP's full schedule and will fall under the NASCAR banner. 360 motorsports is the title sponsor at HMP for the class just like A-Line auto parts is the title sponsor for the super stocks at THR.

I don't think anybody knows if the trucks will have dates at THR next year yet. We are hopeful.

Hope this helps?

i don't know much about 'em either...but, after all i've read, it seems like they need a central governing body for them like imca is to the modifieds...would make it easier for them to run anywhere w/out a lot of hassle...right?

just a small observation... ;)

Thanks for the insight, Chase. That does help clarify.

The West Coast Pro Trucks [WCPT] that I am familiar with from California were also an off-shoot of the ARTS. They ran several tracks in Cali as a self-governed touring series. Some difficulties between the promoter and drivers [at least as I understand it] led to the disbanding of the WCPT at the end of '08, but they returned in '09 as the Southwest Tour Truck Series with new administration.

I may have mentioned to you that I had one of those ARTS built WCPT lined up to bring out here to Texas but it got destroyed on the wall at Orange Show.

Back to the drawing board for me! ;)

Thanks for the insight, Chase. That does help clarify.

The West Coast Pro Trucks [WCPT] that I am familiar with from California were also an off-shoot of the ARTS. They ran several tracks in Cali as a self-governed touring series. Some difficulties between the promoter and drivers [at least as I understand it] led to the disbanding of the WCPT at the end of '08, but they returned in '09 as the Southwest Tour Truck Series with new administration.

I may have mentioned to you that I had one of those ARTS built WCPT lined up to bring out here to Texas but it got destroyed on the wall at Orange Show.

Back to the drawing board for me! ;)

You did mention that to me Tory. There are still some good trucks out there for the taking.

lilmodified, I think what you are suggesting has already been done by HMP. Their adoption of the trucks as one of their regular classes in 2010 seems to accomplish what you suggest, as least to me.

true chase...but i meant that y'all need some kind of sanctioning body for ALL the tracks...to unify them as much as possible, so y'all don't have to change much, if anything, to go from track to track...

or, is that already in place?

like i said, i don't know much about the trucks ('cept they are a ton of fun to watch! :) )...just seems like everyone needs a way to be on the same page...but, i may have misunderstood that part of what everyone was saying, too...

just trying to help a little...i'd LOVE to see this class grow as much as i wanna see the sport-mods grow!

(well, ok...almost as much! :lol: )

Chase is right on the chronology. I think that the Pro Trucks here in Texas stayed pretty much with the old ARTS rules with some latitude built in with shocks etc. From what I underastand, the West and East coast Trucks have gone to more of a USST set up, or a late model chassis rather than the metric chassis we are running.

Tory,

John and his son with WCPT are great people. I dont remember John's wifes name but she is really sweet. I may be mistaken but I believe they pulled out of WCPT?

Not sure of the facts there or who went where, but the whole WCPT group was a good bunch of folks as far as those I met. Back there, I was actually running with the NASCAR Justice Brothers Mini Stocks and Stock Car USA [aka Classic Stocks]. I just knew some of WCPT drivers and teams.

but, after all i've read, it seems like they need a central governing body for them like imca is to the modifieds..

just a small observation... ;)

EXACTLY! ..... no central control .

Archived