The future of Thunderhill Raceway looks promising

debwill

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

Thunderhill Raceway Media & Public Relations Director

The future of Thunderhill Raceway looks promising

KYLE, TX (October 31, 2009) – Less than two weeks ago, a plea was made to the business and racing communities asking for help in locating a new subtenant for the Thunderhill Raceway (THR) track property in Kyle (TX).

Mary Ann Naumann, THR’s Owner and Promoter, announced this morning that the landowner has given her a 30-day extension to make a decision about signing the lease on the track property for next year.

“We’ve spent the last couple of weeks spreading the word about our need to find a subtenant on the 38 acres that are currently leased by Thunderhill Raceway,” said Naumann. “We’ve had a great response so far, and I feel like we’ve been given a second chance with the 30-day extension.”

“If negotiations continue in this positive direction, I’m hoping that Thunderhill Raceway will be bigger and better than ever in 2010,” commented Naumann. “Things are starting to come together, and we’ve already heard lots of ideas for bringing a new subtenant on board. Because of my incredible staff, dedicated racers and the great entertainment value provided for the racing fans and families, I’m more determined than ever to move forward with our plans for next year.”

Naumann has asked that any inquires about subleasing the track property be referred directly to her at 512-844-3582 or maluvsracing@aol.com.

“We’d also like to see additional support from the racing community in making Thunderhill Raceway a first-class racing venue that will be attractive to potential sponsors, race teams and fans for many years to come,” added Naumann.

“This is our playground,” as Naumann has already said many times. “I’m so proud of the efforts of our current Management Team, and I foresee many new opportunities that will enable us to continue to offer some of the best short track stock car racing in the state of Texas!”

Thunderhill Raceway is a 3/8-mile, D-shaped asphalt oval track that’s located at 24801 IH-35, on the access road just north of San Marcos (TX) near Yarrington Road (Exit #210). Information on Thunderhill Raceway may be found on the track website at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

- 30 -

concerts.

not concerts on raceday or before a race ,, but actual concerts.

with so much local talent , musically , that draw BIG crowds for even smaller venues. what are the possible numbers a say , randy rodgers or kevin fowler etc. etc. could bring to 32 acres. not just one concert but one concert every month. we already race bi weekly, those weeks in between are just sitting there.

just an idea.

I remember the commercial that Bob Riley (Lone Star Legacy) put together back in 2006. I know it was a promo for the Legacy series, but it highlighted Thunder Hill. If I remember correctly, it was a reasonable project (cost wise).

here is the link:

There has been some talk about getting the abundance of pro racers that we all know in one way or another and promoting a celebrity pro-am race. Get some cup,NNS, Truck, ARCA guys to come and put on a show and then some local celebs and local racers. Maybe have the TSRS guys put up their cars for the event. I think something like that and make it a weekend deal and rent camping spots, have a evening cookout, under the lights 2 days of racing. What do you think that type of event could do to raise a chunk of cash

the concerts idea would bring in thousands that never even knew there was a race track there.

in a simple way promoting it's self , while making a profit.

the concerts idea would bring in thousands that never even knew there was a race track there.

Cheatham Street Warehouse in San Marcos books the local "hot" country bands on a weekly basis and packs the house. THR would be a huge venue for bands like this. I'm with Crazyhorse. It would take someone who knows how to promote something like this, but there is bound to be potential in the idea. Bring multiple bands together in a kind of local country music festival and promote the heck out of it at Texas State University.

You never know...

yee-haw!! great news!!

and, i agree with shawn...i think something musical would definately bring more people, and be self-promoting.

kevin fowler played at a festival we had here in buda last month...if he would do little-bitty buda, i'm sure he'd do something like kyle...as would others.

Cheatham Street Warehouse in San Marcos books the local "hot" country bands on a weekly basis and packs the house. THR would be a huge venue for bands like this.

hayes carll , one of my favorites played cheatam friday night. i saw him thurs at stubbs. lots and LOTS of crowd.

management at cheatham street would need to be contacted. it would mean a 'middle man' but it would take somebody with musical management/promotional statis to really launch this.

There is a guy by the name of Eric Johnson who is a world reknowned guitarist who lives in Austin. He has played on 5th street for the Coat fundraiser at least once that I know of. As far as Kevin Fowler and I love him, I been told it's $20,000 minimum for them to show up.

Over thirty grand for Fowler. Probably fourty plus for a gig

at a race track. Rodgers is pulling just about the same kind of money.

Add to that all the MANY costs to put on a show at a venue

that is not set up for that kind of show. Not cost feasible.

Go with lesser known names, and you will not be able to draw a crowd.

Again, not cost feasible.

if you got a concert promotor or promotions company as a subtentant,the cost and who provides the music would be his/her or their problem.all you'd need to worry about is them paying their share of the lease and scheduling.jmo

if you got a concert promotor or promotions company as a subtentant,the cost and who provides the music would be his/her or their problem.all you'd need to worry about is them paying their share of the lease and scheduling.jmo

exactly,,,,,not the track.

Archived